4wd Insurance who you with ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micksnavara

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Due to renew my 4wd insurance spoke to CGU who won't insure me now due to my agreed value of 25k and over 9k of extra now ! They will only cover up to 7.5k in extras. When I said ok don't worry about the extra they stated that they are unable to do that. Due to You (me ) advising us of all the extras and cancelled my renewal.
As I have to many mods/ Extras for themt to cover now !!!!!!!!

Who are you insured with ?

What are they like, Do they cover all offroad eg water crossings.
Any suggestions would be Great :)))))
Only have this week to decide ??

BOOGZ STR said:
i'm with just cars got everything on with agreed value of 23500 and i pay 105 p/month

Ouch! I'm with CGU with same agreed value full comprehensive cover for $55 p/month. Dosent help the op but makes you wonder.....

I'm with suncorp and they asked me to list my accessories but charge NO more for it.
I am positive cause they quoted b4 I mentioned them. $700/yr. But I"M a preferred driver don't you know. LOL. They didn't mention a limit.

Hey guys,
Due to renew my 4wd insurance spoke to CGU who won't insure me now due to my agreed value of 25k and over 9k of extra now ! They will only cover up to 7.5k in extras. When I said ok don't worry about the extra they stated that they are unable to do that. Due to You (me ) advising us of all the extras and cancelled my renewal.
As I have to many mods/ Extras for themt to cover now !!!!!!!!

Who are you insured with ?

What are they like, Do they cover all offroad eg water crossings.
Any suggestions would be Great :)))))
Only have this week to decide ??

Shit hey... I'm with CGU also and was planning on calling this week to upgrade my cover with all the mods going on at the moment. Better start looking for a new insurer.

I am with Allianz through an insurance broker. I agree with Bosshog go through a broker.

Broker is probably easier, I'm with Shannons and have been forever, they cover my Nav with mods, my Harley and all my garage stuff. I've never had a problem with them, although I've never made a claim yet (knock on wood)

I am with AAMI. My Nav is insured for 38 Grand.

I think its like $900 a year or there abouts.

Probably will be $17,900 this year will the flood levy, some Cyclone in the US and any other bullshit excuse they come up with.

try just cars!!
and
Suncorp (I'm in Qld)
ARE the same (Suncorp Tell me ) Just cars may cover more extra's
Ok more research,
SUNcorp will only cover up to 25,740 inc all extras with a ecess of 2600
Just car are closed at the moment !!!

I am with AAMI. My Nav is insured for 38 Grand.

I think its like $900 a year or there abouts.

Probably will be $17,900 this year will the flood levy, some Cyclone in the US and any other bullshit excuse they come up with.

AAMI quoted me 1600-00 with all accesories.

My Extra's are,
Bullbar $800-00,2inch lift kit $1500-00 ,Stereo Sytem$4500-00,air bag x2$500-00, snorkel$500-00,dual batterys$400-00,tow bar$500-00,steinbauer module $1500-00,ute liner$250-00,touneu cover$150-00,Electronic Rust Protection System(EPRS)$300-00 approximately $10,900-00 replacement cost !!

Just to thick I have been looking at an exhaust and canopy !!!

Going to go with TCIS insurance (alliance backed) as they cover " Modifications
No restrictions applied to vehicle modifications providing the vehicle remains legally roadworthy.

Full Recovery Costs

Full Off Road Cover
We have no limitations of any kind in our policy. You are covered whilst on the beach, crossing a river, at Cape York or in the middle of the Simpson Desert " quote unquote !!!!

Made me think bout mine, so I checked. Suncorp NSW. When I bought the D40 it had a sh!t load a stuff on it. Didn't even notice it all for a while. Anyhoo, Told em bout some of it at the time, n rang em 2 day to check. Added Heeeaps a stuff, spotties, snorkel, electric brakes, mats, tub liner, tow bar, bla bla bla. No extra cost.
Also said, Agreed value would be for the car less accessories. So market value = car + acc, better deal.
'FREE', windscreen, no excess, no loss of no claim bonus. For about 11 bucks /yr.
Cheern

try just cars!!
and
Suncorp (I'm in Qld)
ARE the same (Suncorp Tell me ) Just cars may cover more extra's
Ok more research,
SUNcorp will only cover up to 25,740 inc all extras with a ecess of 2600
Just car are closed at the moment !!!

no AAMI and just car are the same, just make sure they will cover you if you take your car to say Landcruiser mountain park and like some insurance wont!!

bryan

AAMI, agreed value of 51k for $680 a year. Called them before i went to fraser island and made sure i was covered for all offroad, and barge crossing while i was there i even called them 3 times and talked to 3 different people and they all said i was

Latest posts

Back