2006 navara ST-X

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are starting to become disheartened as we have spent $420 on inspections so far on two cars and both have come back with issues that will cost us a lot of money if something happens not long after we buy it. It is hard to know what to do from here. Do we keep spending money on inspections and just hope that we find a good quality navara soon or do we start looking at hiluxs?

I agree the petrol does have a lot of power but the diesel also has some guts for a diesel

Some people get quite reasonable economy out of the petrol D40 - I've seen someone quoting low teens. It's supposed to get mid-to-late teens. Compared to diesels - supposed to get 10.5, but some people have gotten under 10 - the petrol model is quite thirsty.

However, driven economically you should expect to get 500+km from a tank and you'll have a decent amount of power too.

Just don't expect to follow us oilers through the river! :big_smile:

As for that noise - it's really hard to diagnose the sound of the text, so I can only relay what we've been told about before - it's possibly the clutch and/or pressure plate - which is not cheap, but if you take it for a spin and ride the clutch a little you ought to feel it not engage as well as it ought to. It could just as easily be the clutch pedal - some people have reported that coming loose.

For what it's worth it'll have a warranty. If you like the vehicle and the only thing is a noise, tell them to get rid of the noise and you'll buy it. Don't buy it knowing that it has a noise - otherwise they could claim "they knew about it when purchased, so it's not a fault we need to fix under warranty" - whether that's right or wrong, they could argue about it until the warranty runs out.

it does come with a 5 year dealers warranty however we are concerned that they may put the gear box down to wear and tear leaving us to foot the bill!! They are getting back to us tomorrow on weather they will fix it or not but the dealer manager took it for a drive this arv and said that he couldn't hear the noise, surprise surprise!!

I've no qualms about the power of my diesel, and with a chip I could get even more - I just don't think I need it.

I think it's entirely your choice to look at whatever vehicle you want. If you go to look at a Hilux, you'll end up wanting an inspection on it too, which will still cost you $210 for each one you want to look at.

If you're pleased with everything about this petrol D40 except that one bit of noise, there's little reason to look beyond it. Tell the dealer if the noise is fixed you'll take the car and your problems are over.

it does come with a 5 year dealers warranty however we are concerned that they may put the gear box down to wear and tear leaving us to foot the bill!! They are getting back to us tomorrow on weather they will fix it or not but the dealer manager took it for a drive this arv and said that he couldn't hear the noise, surprise surprise!!

They can't fool you like that. Show them a copy of the report. Naturally they have to hear it for themselves, so they can go about fixing it.

5 year warranty isn't too bad, even Nissan only offer 3 years on a brand new vehicle!

Yeah the RACQ guys did say if the issue is investigated and rectified then it is a good car. So we will wait to speak to them tomorrow and ask if it will be covered in the warranty they give us if anything does happen and if all is good we will still buy it i think. It is a neat and tidy car.

Hi, yeah we did see that I Pm him. we have a budget of about $33,000 from our knowledge 08's are usually well above our budget. But we would be interested if he would consider it!!!

Latest posts

Back