2007 ST-X 2.5, 6 Spd Navara dual cab - INFO PLEASE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GQ COILY

Reaction score
G'day all. After selling my pride and joy of 7 years a week ago, a 97 GQ ST coil cab that I had set up as a custom capable tourer with 7" lift and 35's, twin locked and a slide on camping canopy with custom roof top and slide out BBQ under the tray. I decided after 7 years of great trips from Tassie to the Cape to the Outback I was tired of having to be 150% concentrated on the job at hand in case of the regular occurance of the thing thinking it was a chainsaw and wanting to take the bush tracks even when I didn't. I have done a bit of research on the more modern diesel dual cabs to bridge the gap between work and camping until I can buy a late model GU in 12 months or so and set it up similar to my old GQ but with a dual cab conversion and a lift with more drive ability on road in mind. I have my eyes set on a 2007 D40 ST-X Navara with the 2.5 TD with 6spd with just under 110000km on the clock. It has up to date regular service/log book records and the current owner who bought it new says it has never missed a beat. Never had any of the usual (from what I have read) D40 issues with the clutch, timing chain or injectors etc. It is fitted with a 2" Old Man Emu lift, ARB Deluxe winch bar, ARB rear step/tow bar, ARB IPF spotties, ARB fibreglass canopy with tub tray (they won't last long till I fit a steel tray), BFG A/T's and the entire audio system has been updated with a top quality DVD, GPS, Bluetooth, hands free, sat nav, iPod head unit with top of the range speakers with hidden sub. The car presents immaculately and interior looks like new with canvas seat covers fitted from new. What are you guys thoughts on this? Anything I should be worried about or need to look out for? It seems that they mostly have troubles between 30000-90000km and after this period it's generally trouble free motoring. I do expect it will need a clutch at some point but ark east I'm not going in blind. The main mods I will look at firstly will be snorkel, uhf, dual batteries and maybe a 2" spacer lift after these tyres wear out so I can go up one size in tyres. We haven't settled on a price yet but will be somewhere between 21-25k from what I can gather from the current owner. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Regards Brad.

If the clutch is still original then it's done bloody well and you can probably assume the guy hasn't flogged the shit out of it. Same for the timing chain - it's either a good one (common) or it's been treated well. Either way, it's in your favour.

It sounds good to me, from reading this. Have a look over the turbo vacuum hoses, expect those to start going hard or cracking any day now (if they haven't started already). Otherwise, stick to genuine fuel filters and you should do well.

What's the difference between the Thai and Sweedish built D40's and which is the better of the two?

Currently Spain builds all of the dual cabs (except the RX, I believe). King cabs are probably still made in Thailand too.

In 2010 Thailand began manufacturing the "ST" version, which had the 126kW engine from the 2006-2009 STX. The STX was built in Spain in that year and got a 140kW engine. There are small differences in chassis distances, wiring loom inclusions etc but they are very close.

You don't have to worry too much. In 2007, I think it was just KCs and RXs that were Thai builds. Look at the VIN - if it starts with 'VSK' it's a Spaniard, if it starts with 'MNT' it's a Thai.

Thanks Old Tony. Pretty quiet forum this one, seems like it's just me and you lol. Cheers for your help :)

Latest posts

Back