'09 D22 Battery Replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cometbreeze

Reaction score
Hi time to replace standard batteries in my D22. The 2 crackers have been isolated by a Piranha Battery Management, and Aux is used for running a 40 ltr Engel and LEDs, so not a massive load.

I'm heading for the Optima D34 yellow top x2.

-The question I have is can I just plonk them on and go ?

-Do they fit the same as standard ones ?

-Or am I better spending a little more and getting AGM, inverter/C-Tec set up for Aux battery

Anyone with the '09 Nissan Navara D22 would love to here what you have done as think I've done my dash with these stock batteries and pushing my luck while touring in remote areas with these.
I can get them off eBay for $264 delivered Free of a local business $321 of course with backup service for the xtra outlay ?

TIA

Regards Lenny

Comet. I too looked at putting the d34 OR d34/78 batteries in when my starters started struggling. They are a great battery but in my research I found a lot of horror stories and spoke to a few people about them and foundout since changing manufacturing plants from Mexico to China or something they just aren't as good. Not trying to put you off the battery as you might thoroughly like them. Removed the passenger side battery completely and installed a N70ZZ size battery in the starter spot. It's a tight fit but they do fit. The battery I used was an Amaro n HiLife battery. Very good quality battery and is under rated to what it can actually put out.

Rusty

Happy John thanx for that link thats a great idea behind the seat, very neat ! If i do go the way of the twin D34 Optimas are u saying that for the Aux side to use the inverter - C/Tek charger to Keep that at 100% or just put it on charge every couple of months ?

RustyNav09 did that N70ZZ just fit straight in or did you have to modify or change the tray or move anything ?

What i liked about the Optima's as i have done some searching as it sounds like they arnt a bad cranker ( except for what RNAV has said about quality now days ) and can also handle the Aux side of things as-well as they don't mind the low draw for you accessories aswell.

But if i do go an AGM, inverter and C-Tech for my AUX what type of AGM battery, inverter and C-Tech or as you mentioned the DC-DC charger, so what chargers do you recommend for a no fuss fitment and how is it best to wire in.
Im not too bad once i start a little job but sorry just takes a bit of explaining to me haha

Cheers fella's

Last edited:
For charging either the redarc dc-dc or ctek will do the job. As for a standard agm find a good brand purchase. You could probably still go the optimas in both trays just using the ctek tp keep the aux in check all the time and stick the starter onto charge at home once a month or switch battery positons.

The n70zz dropped straight in. Sat about 20mm off the egr tube, but as mine is blanked the tube doeant heat up. I removed the plastic tray from the factory lpcation and installed some any vibe matting from clark rubber for batteries.works a treat. You need to squich the wiring loom into the inner gaued with the battery, but it works.

Thanx Rustynav09 so to run the Redarc or C-Tech on my Aux do I first have to connect a inverter and if I do what wattage will I require ?

Cheers

Hi mate. There is a wiring diagram in the D22 electrical section under wiring diagrams of my setup running dual optima sand a Redarc BCDC 1220. Check it out it may answer some questions for you.
Cheers, Brad.

I have nothing but praise for the optima yellow tops
I ran 2 in my nav with no issues and no flat batteries
they were linked and managed via a redarc bcdc 1220
I hope they haven't changed in quality, that would be a shame

Great thanx lads, but by running the bcdc 1220 will that make my Piraña battery isolator obsolete as they are isolator as well ?

Comet. Once you fit the redarc bcdc1220 or ctek d250s. This will completely override and out perform the pirahna item. Your batteries will receive a better charge and fuller charge.

And I'm not running a second battery under the bonnet. I have utilised the space for other items and installed a second battery in the tub permanently. Along with a 3rd that gets plugged in when we go camping for long periods

Here is it fitted

ere is it fitted

Hey rusty. Sorry to mine an old thread but my batt looks like it's about dead. I see what you mean about squishing the loom. It looks pretty tight in there. Is that reflective case a standard thing for that batt or a little insurance you added.

Hey Ben.

Na the silver thing is a heat shield from abr sidewinder. I also have put some anti vibration mat underneath that I got from Clark rubber.

Rusty

Taa mate. I'm thinking of shoving a big batt in mine. Looks like after almost four yrs they are dying.

Can anyone tell me how many cca I should be looking for. I run a pretty big stereo in my nav a theoretical 2500wrms. So I'm looking for a battery to let me play this start the truck etc. I am hoping to get something big enough to allow me to run one cranker and an aux that I will probably move the stereo over to.

Sorry to drop it in this thread but didn't want to start a new one for pretty much the same question.

Maybe an optima yellow top would suit your needs. I'm not running any big sound system off my battery just a stack of accessories which are only turned on as required

All sorted and got it done real cheap, some reliability now and piece of mind with Optima Red top Cranker, Aux yellow top and BcDc 1225. It's got the inbuilt solar regulator. Straight to Anderson plug

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411611418.314442.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411611418.314442.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Back