ZD30 Revved then died

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12270

Reaction score
G'day all, This morning I was driving in cruise and going down hill when the engine revved like it was trying to drop a gear (if it was auto) to slow down then the battery, engine and oil lights came on. I turned it off and when I tried to start it again it would just turn over like it wanted to start but wouldn't fire. Anyone got any ideas?

I wonder if it's the dreaded VP44 pump failure. We've been discussing this quite a bit recently. If you try priming the fuel system, is the pump going quite firm fairly quickly after you start priming it?

I wonder if it's the dreaded VP44 pump failure. We've been discussing this quite a bit recently. If you try priming the fuel system, is the pump going quite firm fairly quickly after you start priming it?
Thanks mate, it's now with the mechanic who has said it could be a blown hole in a piston. I've done some research into the VP44 and found this "This is why engines just die going down the road, usually when the throttle is released at high load and or high RPMs, and never start again until a replacement injection pump is installed." which is similar to what happened I guess in the way that the cruise released the power at the top of the hill and started to rev going down. I don't know if it's that whether it helps me financially all that much. Guess i'll wait and see what the mechanic thinks.

Latest posts

Back