Zd30 replacment head - where to buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tvardz

Reaction score
hi all, my navs done a gasket or cracked the head, does anyone know any good places to get a new head from? im in sth east Gippsland so any suggestions this side of the city would be great. I havnt checked locally yet but will ring around tomoz.

Also Ive changed a few petrol heads in the past but never a diesel, is it a job best left to professionals? or is it a similar process to a petie?

Gday mate, i did mine about 12 months ago. I ended up buying a head from a place called All Car Engines on ebay, they are in QLD. I got The head, new valves, a full gasket kit, and new head bolts for $1200. Heaps cheaper than i could find anywhere locally. If you have done a head gasket on a petrol car before you should have no problems. When you remove the injectors tape up the inlet and the nozzle to keep any dirt out, same with injector lines and the injector pump. keep it all clean and you'll be fine!

No worries, When you do get it off look for cracks between the glow plug holes and the exhaust valve. Mine cracked there on every cylinder and i didnt notice them at first until i took it into someone who has done a lot of them before.

Back