wiring through firewall d40 2013 model

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyb9999

Reaction score
Ok, before all jump down my throat i have read all on the forums, however still need help.

I want to install spotties and uhf radio. The boot release grommet does not look big enough to go through and is to hard to access from within the engine bay. The grommet below it has a stack of wires running into the cabin, however is jammed packed wires and if i go this way there is a good chance i might damage existing ones. Is there another way into the cabin? Ps i dont want to come through the passenger side. If anyone has photos that would be great. Thanks Rick.

hey mate with my spot ties and light bar i cam throughout that big grommet with 1000 wires going through it on the drivers side under the computer. i just cut a little slit in it with my stanley knife and then from inside the cabin i just shoved a thick screw driver through the slit and taped on the wires.

i shoved the screw driver through instead of cutting a big slit so that the hole was still fairly tight around the cables. I'm sure others will have a better idea with trying to keep it as water tight as possible but that was my idea anyway.

when first wired my spotties i actually took out the computer so i could get better access to cut a slit because the grommet is pretty strong but it was an absolute b**** to get the computer in and out.

cheers, ben

I spoke to an auto electriciam before i did my, UHF, electric brake, spotties, fog lights ect and he said to go through the big grommet with all the wires on the drivers side above the peddles as mentioned above,

BUT the way he said was use a long steel spike a bit thicker then a coat hanger and put a slight bend in it in the middle.

Once you have made the spike tape one wire on to the spike and stager any others down the line taping each one to the other max 4 wires.
Then spray the spike with windex or dish liquid mixed with water .
next push the spike through the side of the large rubber grommet making sure to push it AWAY from the main wires.
You may need to have someone watching from in the cab if you are not confident you are staying away from the wires but once the point is all the way through you can spray more liquid on the engine bay side and pull it through from the cab.

The good thing about using the spike is not only does it make it easy but the grommet seals really well around the new wires.

I went through the passenger side with wiring for my air horns and also for aerial cable for UHF.

It was so easy I just used a plastic coated wire coat hanger straightened out, pushed it gently through the big grommet and it appeared in the footwell. Taped the wires to the end in the engine bay and pulled through nicely.

Robski

before i start pulling apart the glove box etc, does anyone have pics or a step by step guide re accessing the grommet on the passenger side of my new nissan navara d40. Thanks, Richard. Its so i can wire the dam lights and cb.

go through the big grommet on the drivers side and you wont need to unbolt a single thing.
ARB did the same thing on mine when they run the wire for the fogs on the bullbar and they said they do it the same way as the sparky told me.
Sounds tricky but it really is a piece of piss and seals really well, ends up a really neat job and you can poke as many holes in it as you need.
I went through the small grommet behind the glove box on my old 2010 ST and although it ended up working was a pain in the arse compared to using the spike and popping it through the main one above the accelerator.

just my 2cents anyway.

Just use a bent coathanger and some ky it works well, most of the cabin leaks most get are from damage to the grommet when installing aerials or lights i always use a dab of sealant around the wire and grommet afterwards.

Latest posts

Back