winch on factory alloy bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doubt that piece would work as its designed to work with a specific bullbar. you would have to do some measurements to find out.

its been done before, i considered it a while back but went with a steel bar for the extra strength and protection.

if i was to do it i would buy a universal winch cradle and mount it by removing the alloy bar from the mounting brackets, leaving the brackets attached to the chassis and set the cradle up so that it will bolt onto the mounting brackets this will probably involve welding suitable mounting points to the cradle to bolt to the bullbar brackets.

you will see that the bullbar brackets are quite strong and will easily hold the winch. as long as you mount the cradle suitably.

thanks guys yeah was thinking doing it like that patrol in the other thread i havent looked behind the bar yet i love the alloy bar and not a fan of the wieght of the steel bars how did yours feel after the change

You could try companies like TJM and Ironman both of them use a cradle for the winch even with their steel bar, so you should be able just to buy the cradle off them and bolt it up with minimal mods.
The only thing you will need to sort out is how you will mount the Fairlead?? you would prob need to fabricate a bracket that sits just on the inside of the alloy bar that you could then bolt the fairlead to.

i found this in a thread i got no reply too it is a patrol tho and my finish will be bit neater

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373283964725.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373283964725.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 833
yeah im currently in process of doing the same making cradle to go behind my alloy bar will let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back