Winch for genuine Nissan bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteV

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have a 2013 D22 with a genuine Nissan bullbar. What is the best medium priced (500-1000 or cheaper) winch that would fit onto the bullbar WITHOUT ****in about that's easy to install for a layman like me? I was thinking a Runva xp11. Furthermore, how do you all hook it up? Is it routine to run the lead to the cranking battery? Might seem a silly question but I have a deep cycle set up but that's in the tub. I assume that when you use a winch in a recovery situation you either have the car running in neutral or off but for a short burst of time. Call me naive but this is the forum to ask I suppose. Cheers.

Hopefully the ridge Ryder 9.5k lb is the one. Half price at SCA last W/E was too good to pass. Just gotta get off my but and instal it

Yep cranking battery. Even with the revs at around 1500 the alternator can't replace the charge at the same rate the winch is using it, but definitely keep the car running as there is the risk of not being able to start it again if you have the engine off when using it.... The sca winches seem to be OK. I have a 12000lb one with synthetic rope and haven't had any issues with it.

Wiring is simple, it will come with a wiring diagram anyway...

Runva XP11, i have had this for awhile and never let me down, it comes with a Dyneema rope and is around $650 with one of the best warrenties i could find, its much lighter then a cabled winch and it has a very good reputation as well and i cant find any bad reviews.
edit: it sfits a Nissan d22 bar pefectly and i dont see why it wouldnt with a D40 Nissan bar.

Latest posts

Back