Will This Void My Warranty?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DP Chip is fairly popular, here's theirs:

New Vehicle Engine and Driveline ‘Express Warranty’:

DPChip offers to warrant damage caused to a vehicle during its New Vehicle Warranty period. DPChip will only support its New Vehicle Engine and Driveline Warranty on legitimate claims where the DPChip is the ‘proven’ cause of the problem. If a manufacturer chooses not meet ‘Their Express’ or ‘Government Implied’ warranty obligations due to fitment of the DPChip System, then DPChip must be contacted. If the claim is legitimate and proven, then DPChip will authorise repairs.

The Engine and Driveline is ‘defined’ as ‘Engine and Transmission Components’ excluding any attached ancillaries which may or may not be mounted on same. This warranty is limited by the same factors and conditions which apply to the Original Vehicle Manufacturers warranty statement.

To initiate the ‘New Vehicle Engine and Driveline ‘Express Warranty” process, we require these steps to be taken.

1. DPChip Technical be contacted on 0400 788111 to first discuss the problem. It maybe just technical help needed to rectify a very simple problem being ‘blown out of proportion’ by a simple misdiagnosis. Sometimes a very simple technical issue outside the DPChip system can cause what appears to be a major issue. We have found that many times these issues can be fairly easily rectified with all sides happy with the outcome.

2. If it is confirmed that the ‘New Vehicle Engine and Driveline Warranty’ is to be used, DPChip at their discretion may arrange for an assessor to meet with the Vehicle Manufacturers Dealer. The customer must obtain from the Vehicle Manufacturer a written report. This report must include images of the damaged components in question, state the details of the vehicle problem and include in the report that “the DPChip was the cause of the problem” and “how the DPChip has caused the problem”. Also copy of the Original Purchase Receipt of the DPChip must be supplied.

3. If it is proven that DPChip is liable for the ‘said’ damage, then all repairs necessary will be authorised and paid for by DPChip.

DPChip is the only Diesel tuning chip in the world to give new vehicle engine and driveline warranty!

Although mine is written with different words the basic context of the SLA I get corporate clients to sign is pretty much the same. It assures them that any work I do is warranted against defect and labour for a set period of time and that any work I do which can be proven to have broken or ruined someone elses product and void their warranty is my responsibility. However it has to be proven without doubt.

I'm not interested in chips for the ute but if I was I'd expect the same deal from the supplier and installer if I paid someone to install it. The supplier may try and put it on the installer and the installer might try to put it back on the supplier but the bottom line is that if the chip caused the problem it's warranted and no matter who fixes it the cost will be worn by either the installer if it's faulty installation or the supplier if the goods are faulty. And if the problem has nothing to do with the chip then it's back on the manufacturer who can't void the warranty with proof the chip isn't the problem.

So unless you buy the product without a manufactures warranty, (which isn't legal for new products in this country anyway) or you sign away your warranty in a written statement one way or another you'd still have warranty coverage. It wont matter whether a dealer takes in on because they installed the product or whether the installer was a private mechanics business.

Going back to me comments earlier in the thread about exhaust mods on the YD25 D22. It looks from the exhaust install pics in Jason's ride thread that the D22 version does not have a VNT type turbo. If that is the case and especially if they have a traditional wastegate without boost control as it is implemented on the Patrol ZD30 (Poorly by the looks of things with no active boost control, just a set duty cycle on a boost control solenoid under various conditions)

If it has a standard wastegate without any sort of boost control solenoid then replacing the exhaust would possibly mean slightly higher boost and certainly better flow, where on a Patrol doing the same occasionally seems to mean wild overboosting on some engines under some really odd conditions. The only unknown factor would be how the ECU is programmed and what it does in response to the extra airflow produced by derestricting the exhaust.

Going back to me comments earlier in the thread about exhaust mods on the YD25 D22. It looks from the exhaust install pics in Jason's ride thread that the D22 version does not have a VNT type turbo. If that is the case and especially if they have a traditional wastegate without boost control as it is implemented on the Patrol ZD30 (Poorly by the looks of things with no active boost control, just a set duty cycle on a boost control solenoid under various conditions)\

yd25 d22 doesn't have a variable turbo...

Well I finally got around to getting my exhaust installed and can I say "what a difference!". The power comes on alot earlier and the turbo winds up alot quicker. Very happy with the end result, once the engine rev's get to 1800-2000 the turbo winds up and gets to 3000rpm in an instant. No real increase in noise, sounds a bit better if anything. Makes driving it more enjoyable as I drive it daily, haven't towed with it yet but I will on sunday. Now I'm hooked on getting more ponies out of it and go in tomorrow to get quotes on a tuneit chip.

Highly recommend the beaudesert exhaust systems.

Latest posts

Back