Why no Haynes Manual? :(

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's what i was saying. Overall, the workshop manual is better, but it's a pain in the arse finding the right section and having to use the computer. Whereas with the Haynes manual its all there with pictures and step by step guides for idiots at your finger tips. Its good to have both.
For some reason they skipped my model (zd30) and went straight from d21 to d40.

yes your right in regards to using a book type manual as opposed to a C.D.
i find the CD type is rather hard to find exactly what your looking for compared to opening up the book manual straight away to the page needed.

It would be also very handy to have a book out bush, im not taking a laptop.

I can see your point, when using the workshop manual I typically print out the sections i need if I'm working at home to save the grease getting everywhere and trash the prints when done.

But for sure totally agree pictures for quick help a lot when deciphering the instructions which makes the haynes manuals worth their weight in gold (if available). I think if Haynes made a video version of the book it would be even better especially for us youtube mechanics.

Yeah, they've always been a great help for me with my cars and bikes. We should petition them to do a d22 manual! The're mad not to - its a very common and popular model. Its weird they havn't done one for it.

Haynes Manuals

But you must remember, If it is on a Cheap bit of recyled plastic {CD}, then the
printing costs are ours, you only pay for the Ute, not "Service as well", sort of
brings to mind where a Double width Timeing chain lasts for many years, and a
single chain is near as strong as a Lacky Band" why aren't yours double chained,
we pay enough for the bloody things!.

Don't pay through the nose for the Rubbish Nissan sell us, buy a "Reynolds Chain"
and fit it yourself, the moment you hear these weak lacky bands give a "Death Rattle", you should save about a Thousand Dollars on each ute before it can go
again!
There are three of the 2005 models in our Yard with dicky Chains waiting to be
broken up for scrap, and I can hear Nissan Japan laughing at us from here!

But mine has no "Timing Chain lacky bands" too snap prematuely, I wonder how
many more I will see in Paddocks on my next North East trip on Monday!

My sympathies to you chaps that are paying for these, sell them and go back to the D21, or D22's that are relyable old buggers, and rarely let you down when
you need them, and too rebuild one of them from the ground up, will cost you half of what these Heaps are costing even before they are out of Warranty!

highway man!:deadhorse:

Last edited:
still its a 1997 model there is 0 chance they will go back and make one for you no matter the petitions ;p

Going back is no way

Hello Stelnianis,
I am quite aware, that we could never be listened to, as individuals, but I do believe a world Wide Petition might make the lousy Money grabbing Bastards stop, and think about a profit loss if we all bought a Toyota or whatever else, Don't tell me they only build this "Overpriced Crap on Wheels for Australia" alone, It has to be World wide
Another thing is to take your Truck back to the Dealers and cancel your Finance
contract, which is legal within a certain time frame, if you wish to check this out!
Nobody has the right to rob you blind for the sort of money you have to pay out for these 3rd rate trucks, you have worked bloody hard for your Money and then have to argue or plead for some decent Warranty, when it Shits itself!

Grandads old Chevy Ute ran for many Years without all this Computer Crap,
then I got hold of it for Six years afterwards and it died, after I joined the Navy the Family drove it over and parked it on the Farm Rubbish Tip, a total bloody waist, if you ask me!

The old "Tug" as some of you call my D21-sd25 diesel, was chosen because it had no computers on board, and Her total refit back to Roadworthy cost me
and the Management $5,273.00 from a Paddock, to the Police Inspection, and
will be starting work on Monday Morning next, collecting Scrap Metal from the
Rural area's here in W.A., {your nations Capitol}, and I trust Her to do the job slowly but well!

Yesterday I felt a Synchromesh "Snick" as I changed Gears once, so I am looking for a G/box to rebuild now before I need it, so I am off the road one day only when this one goes, to do a Change-over, then back to work!
Just remember, we can show or tell them what we want in our vehicles, not what they tell us what we can have!

Rant Ends,
highway man

Start a petition if u know how to go about it.

A few here would sign.

Going back

Hello Stelnianis,
I am quite aware, that we could never be listened to, as individuals, but I do believe a world Wide Petition might make the lousy Money grabbing Bastards stop, and think about a profit loss if we all bought a Toyota or whatever else, Don't tell me they only build this "Overpriced Crap on Wheels for Australia" alone, It has to be World wide
Another thing is to take your Truck back to the Dealers and cancel your Finance
contract, which is legal within a certain time frame, if you wish to check this out!
Nobody has the right to rob you blind for the sort of money you have to pay out for these 3rd rate trucks, you have worked bloody hard for your Money and then have to argue or plead for some decent Warranty, when it Shits itself!

Grandads old Chevy Ute ran for many Years without all this Computer Crap,
then I got hold of it for Six years afterwards and it died, after I joined the Navy the Family drove it over and parked it on the Farm Rubbish Tip, a total bloody waist, if you ask me!

The old "Tug" as some of you call my D21-sd25 diesel, was chosen because it had no computers on board, and Her total refit back to Roadworthy cost me
and the Management $5,273.00 from a Paddock, to the Police Inspection, and
will be starting work on Monday Morning next, collecting Scrap Metal from the
Rural area's here in W.A., {your nations Capitol}, and I trust Her to do the job slowly but well!

Yesterday I felt a Synchromesh "Snick" as I changed Gears once, so I am looking for a G/box to rebuild now before I need it, so I am off the road one day only when this one goes, to do a Change-over, then back to work!
Just remember, we can show or tell them what we want in our vehicles, not what they tell us what we can have!

Rant Ends,
highway man :deadhorse2:

Start a petition if u know how to go about it.

A few here would sign.

Quite frankly i dont care enough but if someone else started one id sign for sure. Would have been handy back before i knew what the internet was - i just put it down to my ute being too new for a long time - it aint new no more!
Just seems a bit strange they didnt do this model. My foil hat is tingling - smells like conspiracies!

Yes it is strange, almost every car i know has a haynes manual.

Could be a big manual i spose with all the different variations of the d22s.

Latest posts

Back