Why do you like your Navara??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
I read a lot about what is wrong with the Nav`s but not a lot of what is right about them and yours inparticular. :truck:
So i ask the question what do you like about the D22 or D40 Navara`s over other 4x4 models?? and what do you like about YOUR`S inparticular (mods etc)??
But lets not leave it at that, so i`ll also ask what would you like to see Nissan do in the future to improve the D40 and D22?? lets keep it realistic and keep in mind the costs of doing said modifications and how that would effect the purchase price..:feedback:

Last edited:
i like the price of my d22
and the no bells and whistles
dont care if it gets scrached
dont care that its a rough ride
its a 4wd ute,not a luxury car
what could they do better?
zd30 common rail turbo i/cooled in the d22

I like my d22 as with the few mods I have done aftermarket turbo 2"suspension and 2" body lift tightened rear LSD auto lokka front 3" exhaust and snorkel it goes pretty much everywhere my mates patrols go and it's not so heavy on fuel and for the price I don't mind it getting scratched the one thing I would change is the front cv setup to a stronger unit

I live my D40 simply because its got the usefulness of the ute, its offload capable, it drives as comfortable as any car I've owned, it fits the wife and kids in comfort and it is far more reliable than my old GQ Patrol it replaced.

Improvements for the future (and I know I'm dreaming here) make the drive chain as tough as a GU patrol so that it is proper off road tough.

I like mine because being a hairdresser has allowed me to me many interesting people and that even includes those who think that playing with two sticks some how makes life more satisfying.

But that would be something automated that would take away the 'feel' for driving a dinosaur. Are you sure you wouldn't just like another stick for throttle control?

zd30 common rail turbo i/cooled in the d22

this :adore::adore::adore: Nissan are you listening? plus an option for auto as well while your at it, I'll be your first customer.

I like how they are pretty much bullet proof, I said the other week I hate everything about my Nav which is not true, I am just being nitpicky, its never going to be a sports car or live axle LC/trol ute but its a good compromise of everything, the only other ute I would buy is a current hilux, nothing else really compares, I'd love a v8 LC single cab but its out of the equation due to the sheer cost of the bloody things.

Last edited:
I like mine because being a hairdresser has allowed me to me many interesting people and that even includes those who think that playing with two sticks some how makes life more satisfying.

Oh Krafty, well done in getting back in touch with your feminine side........no stop touching ITS DIRTY!!!!

I didn't need to 'get back in touch' and it's only dirty if you touch someones else isn't it?

now that have the lokka i like everything about it, cheap to run, good offroad, its not a race car but with the mods I have now it goes pretty well, pretty reliable, love having a dual cab ute for carrying every thing, simple as in it still have lever to select 4x4 and manual hubs not this push button shit others have got.

as for what they could do to improve well I will have to agree with the common rail zd30 and a I\c I think.

bryan

I didn't need to 'get back in touch' and it's only dirty if you touch someones else isn't it?

Depends othe circumstances, if you are of bus sharing a seat with a vicar then I believe it is still frowned upon.:confused3:

button pusher ,limp wristed, nancy girl :thefinger:

Though i`d add my 2c,
I`v found that having a small Nav community where people help each other increases my ability to like my car. The nav is a vehicle where you can mod it YOUR way and make it your own.
As for improvements, i`d improve only small things like lights at ALL 4 doors, i`d have the back doors open a little wider and storage under the seat.

I love my D40. Any car that car put up with punishment i give then they are alright in my books.

I use mine for cutting firewood and carting loads so when it is put to work it woul have every bit of 3.5 ton on it.

Love the styling of it and comfort whilst driving long trips. I have never had a issue with mine and ALOT of people say oh your lucky blah blah blah. I say that if it was going to pop or go bang it would have done so by now after the work it get used for.

The only thing i would and will change is the suspension. I am Still up in the air on where to go with this.

I have the 06 zd30 nav, I love it. I would like to see the 3.0 come back on the market but i don't know if I would want them to change a whole lot except for the cvs. Even though it would be easier as standard, you can get aftermarket intercoolers along with everything else. Having less electrical in them to me make it one of the only cars that make it simple to do pretty much anything you want with it.

King Cab here and that is what I love about it. Easy access to the back (so long as I'm not in a shopping center car park) all the sensitive goodies can live in the back of the cab. Cameras, computer, fridge and clothing... and still have a large tub I can sleep off the ground in.

I like the way it drives and rides, very comfy. Personal opinion of course but in this class only the Amarok feels a bit better in that regard.

I like the way it looks, has that slightly American sports truck look about it. I guess latest Ranger has that to. The rest just look like another Japanese ute.

Two sticks, the "tractorness", how agricultural it is. The fact it just keeps going.

The D22 is the best looking ute on the road, has been since 1999, I hope Nissan are still making it in 2019 because 20 years of one model is pretty exceptional.

Latest posts

Back