Which canopy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lift up windows?
I'd suggest you also ask about a sliding front window if it doesn't come with one. You'll never fully seal a D40 tub so use it to you're advantage and get sliding front windows which will allow good airflow through the tub to keep things like fridges etc cooler and running in fresher air.

I don't feel too bad about forking out $3300 for the Avenger fitted.

I guess I'll just wait and see if I get a front slider as I'm getting the only silver one in stock. 12 week wait otherwise. I'm too impatient for that....

I waited quite a while for mine but I didn't have the ute for the most part of the wait so it wasn't a huge issue, although the ute looked kind of silly driving around without the rear window tinted and no sports bar until it arrived. I think the sliding windows on the Avenger are standard and with the lift up side windows being so big even a short arse can open and close the front window if you find yourself driving into shitty weather, but they are useless for trying to clean the rear window or anything else really.

I'm ordering a 3XM through TJM and it is $2600 colour coded and fitted. I'm getting sliding windows as i don't need access to tools and such but will on a regular basis have my dogs in the back. So sliders allow for airflow while travelling..

So.... I should have had my canopy on this week..... however Avenger sent a fitting kit for a Ford Ranger with the canopy.... good thing I didn't want it for Easter

The fitting kit should come in the box, how did they send the wrong one? Or do you mean the ali angle that rivets onto the front of the tub?

They reckon they sent the wrong J-clamps and bolts for the back corners. They managed to get the angle installed and sat the canopy up there before realising they had the wrong fittings. I believe the canopy I got was a display model down in Melbourne.

I reckon that's a piss poor excuse however the excuse I got about the missing angle was just as poor, it's a pity they let themselves down with those small issues because otherwise it's will worth the dollars and effort.

The bolts for the back should be a hardware store items and the j bolts would take about 30 seconds to modify and 5 minutes to make if they thought about it.

I just got my 3XM fitted on Tuesday. So far so good, more than happy with fit. They even sikaflexed the tray to help water proof. Black on Black so no mess.

Went the sliding window because of the dogs, and i am not a tradie and don't require access to the side of tray. For the amount of times it comes up i can do without lift ups.

Attachments

• canopy.jpg
    canopy.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
its not for everyone thats for sure

You're right about that.

Europeans seem to go for them quite a bit but I haven't see too many in Aus. For me it's way too much cargo space lost (and they look silly) but for someone who doesn't use the cargo space and wants the aerodynamic look it might be suitable.

Latest posts

Back