What spares do you carry when off road?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilmah

Reaction score
As the title states, what spares do you carry when going out bush?
I carry a spare cv, torsion bar adjuster, zip ties, an old belt and a few hoses.

Not much on just day trips, I have 2 bags that I take, one full of recovery gear and the other is a bit of a suplies type bag with cable ties, some ratchet straps, bog role, electrical cable, jumper leads, WD40, water, basic tools like pliers and a shifter and some screw drivers, I keep the old belt in behind the back seat and I always have my air compressor in the back. If I was going away on a long trip I would take the basics like oil, CV, belt, and if I can I always try to pack my mate Matt a mechanic :)

In my recovery box i have things like a tarp, bolt cutters, shovel, axe, WD 40, electrical cable snatch strap, shackles, comprehensive tool box, etc. Compressor is mounted behind rear seats along with jumper leads and 4L of water and enough rations for a week. Oil is one thing i need to look at taking on my longer trips

I have cv's, tie rod ends, belts, oil, 20ltrs of water plus all my recovery gear snatch strap etc

I generally only do day trips and weekends at the beach just don't want to be stuck out there

I have a bag behind the seat with a snatch strap, equalizer strap and shackles
And one with a socket set and a spanner....

Really no spares at all but the beer is an exclent start

Add to that-

Limited tools
Rescue Tape (like a high strength high temp amalimating tape)
Gaffa and insulating tape
Fuses
A few long lenths of insulated wire with inline fuse
JB weld. (expoxy stuff.)
Cable ties, various.
Fencing wire
Chemiweld
Compressor, tire repair kit and presure pack of inflaitable goo.
A small tarp and rope
A small bottle of brake fluid
CRC 226
5lts. of oil (if you have a small leak just keep pouring it in till the next town)
60 lts. of water. at the start of the trip anyway.

Sounds like a lot but you'd be supprised how little room that takes up, apart from the water.

Latest posts

Back