What fuel brand do you use ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of fuel do you run and why.

• Total voters
Caltex - Shell or United are my choices
however I prefer the United near our place seems to get more kms out of my tank when fill it from them

Wheres the box for fish and chip oil? On a side note, my sisters boyfriend is head mechanic at nissan, he reckons bp ultimate is the go.

Got bad fuel from shell was lucky enough to work it out that had water in it before did to much damage, used to know a guy who drove a shell tanker and he said he never buys there fuel after working for them :-/

Caltex only in mine. A few companies I have worked for only used shell.... They all had fuel related break downs from the low sulphur diesel. Well that's what our mechanics used to say was the problem.

Shell what the dealer used & because its across the road from work. (never use petrol)

BP down the road from home.

I usually only go with Shell and Caltex but having had 2 dodgy tanks in my other car with Caltex, I've ditched them

I finally managed to get a tank full of BP Ultimate Diesel into the car (20L left, so 130L of fresh fuel) and within a couple of minutes' driving I'd noticed that she was smoother, quieter and seemed a little more responsive. It wasn't until I reached a hill where my car normally kicks back a gear under cruise control - and didn't this time - that I was convinced that what I thought was slightly more power actually was more power.

BP Ultimate is supposed to have a cetane rating of 55 (a bit higher than the competitors) and have added detergents and antifoaming agents. The higher cetane rating means that the fuel will start a more thorough ignition process a little earlier. I don't know how this will affect chips like Unichip that alter injection timing by playing with the CAS signal, but perhaps someone who HAS a Unichip (or similar, it MUST change injector timing to be of concern) might let us know if there's a difference - for example, a rise in diesel knock because the fuel is burning sooner than expected.

Still, about 65km done on this tank and I'm sure that my car is quieter. Tomorrow morning I'll start her again and will see if it is quieter when cold.

Caltex coz u get myer one points when u spend money there so buying diesel is helping me earn dollars to buy clothes hahaha

when u buy clothes from Myers or stuff from caltex u earn points and if u earn over a certain amount of points for a particular time frame they give u vouchers to spend at Myers lol

when u buy clothes from Myers or stuff from caltex u earn points and if u earn over a certain amount of points for a particular time frame they give u vouchers to spend at Myers lol
It'd take ages to get enough for a voucher to buy crap at Myer! So bloody expensive there. The last time I went to Myer I got lost and couldn't find my way out... haven't been in since lol

i run either BP or Caltex because it has premium Diesel. mainly Caltex due to cost. when you feel up 140L's fuel 8cent per L discount actually worth more than 10bucks. both my local caltex and bp have new tanks as well.

Latest posts

Back