Weird things on my Nav, what are they?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
What are these things and what do they do?

The rear leafs have a circular disk at the front end, and the other thing (don't know how to describe it) at the rear end, they move a little when prodded, mounted on rubber, no cables to them.

The other thing is half way between the front & rear wheels mounted on the chassis rail, I was thinking airbag but no cables to it that I can see.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 210
i remember when i was fitting my side steps i had to remove one of them. I think the first picture was about right. if my memory serves me correctly The ARB booklet had it labeled as a chassis balance weight.... as for the others NFI

Would they be a rubber bumper for load plus springs or something??

The rubber? ring on the springs looks like a 'mass or harmonic damper', some Land Rovers/Range Rovers had them on the nose of the rear differential housing.

Dont know But they are not standard.... The one attatched to your spring hanger looks like a movment sensor. Was your car previosly owned by a roads department. They may of had some sensory equipment attatched that they did not remove prior to sale. Other than that i would wrap your head in alfoil every time you leave the house as i think MI5 is tracking you... lol.

the roller one ... the first pic is for the airbags

they act as a damperer..

and as a stopper if its hit then the airbags are already deployed

Pretty common nissan thing. A lot of higher spec gu patrols have them on the rear control arms etc. Also some have a large weight on the tailshaft flange.

All about nvh levels and obviously some computer somewhere has worked out if there is a counter weight put in just the right place it will take out some of the harshness or vibration created.

The one on the shackle is a new one to me though.

Balance weights aren't unusual for reducing/removing harmonics as well? Just a thought.

Had a look on my 550 and second part at first seemed to be a sensor of some sort but without wiring not likely.
Part number on it is 55490 5X21A Sweden
Zn Fe VMQ FPDM

So Judging by a part number it is a part of suspension - there are 4 screws at the back of it - so tempted to have a look what is in them - could be liquid as those black caps could be seal covers ?

Latest posts

Back