Water Storage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing a 2.1m roof rack soon so I will
Probably put my spare up top and put a tank underneath there with a bash plate.

A bit Off Topic.....

Hey FB...... Is this going over the Cab or both Cab and Canopy? Would be interested in seeing pics on this when u have done it

rob

A bit Off Topic.....

Hey FB...... Is this going over the Cab or both Cab and Canopy? Would be interested in seeing pics on this when u have done it

rob

Over the canopy and a little bit of the roof.
Like this

Attachments

• image-1663865181.jpg
    image-1663865181.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 121
thats a good idea, I cant use behind my rear seat due to not being able to fold the seat forward for kid seats. but can put a tank there as long as i can get to the filler

WOW... 2.1mtrs in length..... The Tub is only about 1.4mtrs in length, so that would give u an overhang of about 700mm..... are u going to fit a Roofbar over the Cab to support the front of it?

No can do as the cab and tub flex differently. It will overhang the bak about 15cm also. Hangs over just half of the rear door it will be bolted in your points over the tub. Maybe put a gusset in the front

How did u fasten the tank to the tub? To the floor or the front part of the tub?

You can see 2 black ratchet straps coming down the front of the tank. The tank is sitting on a metal bracket (comes with the tank) that bolts onto the floor. the bracket is about 100cm long and goes up about 80-100cms. You cant see it cause the riser is at the back of the tank. The straps loop underneath the bracket and come up over the tank. Its really solid. Had it full and done some rough stuff in Vic high country- no dramas.

You can see 2 black ratchet straps coming down the front of the tank. The tank is sitting on a metal bracket (comes with the tank) that bolts onto the floor. the bracket is about 100cm long and goes up about 80-100cms. You cant see it cause the riser is at the back of the tank. The straps loop underneath the bracket and come up over the tank. Its really solid. Had it full and done some rough stuff in Vic high country- no dramas.

I like it.. How much? With that pump can you reverse polarity to make it take water in aswell?

FB ive had a look and i reckon you could fit a slimline tank under the tub if you do a body lift!

something like this>> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4WD-WATER-TANK-PRV35S-MK-SLIMLINE-WATER-TANK-4WD-4X4-TANK-CAMPER-TRAILER-/251095974772?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a767c8374

cheers
bryan

You reckon? I'll measure my space after I do the lift and see how I go,
35litera under the body would be good and then still have a couple Jerry cans.
Although filling it may be hard.

At this stage, we are still carrying water in the squat 20L(one 25L) containers. gives me the widest packing options. Most times we go away, we take the CT and it has;
a. 65L tank under rear,
b. 2 containers back left corner = 45l,
c. 2 contaners front right corner = 40l and
d. 2 containers on RHS of the constructed spare wheel carrier = 40l.
So I can carry 190 lites on the CT.

Previously(tub only) we put 5-6x20l(squat) up the centre of the tub. Now, with a pair of drawers levelling the tub floor and 2x900mm longx900mm high x 700mm deep aluminium lope front boxers I put 5x20l tall fuel up the centre.

I like it.. How much? With that pump can you reverse polarity to make it take water in aswell?

$430 - 2 years ago. No reverse suck so you can pump up into the tank, however, its no drama. If you look at the photo, you'll see the black filler cap at the top right. Use a hose or long funnel and a bucket and alls good.

Latest posts

Back