Water Storage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just use 3x 20L jerry cans but boxy has a really good set up with a 60L tank,pump and water heater its pretty sweet.

Sorry I should have specified was more looking into how people are storing in a D22 tub.
3x20 litre jerry cans will fit perfect. Just curious on different people's ideas. I don't like the idea of using one large storeage.

I'm wanting to make up a custom rear bar with spare wheel carrier. Then I will use this space under tray for water tank and if space allows it extra fuel tank

I'm wanting to make up a custom rear bar with spare wheel carrier. Then I will use this space under tray for water tank and if space allows it extra fuel tank

This would be a good idea, but I don't like the look of rear wheel carriers on utes and they aren't cheap, and they are very heavy.
I will re check my under tray space after I do the body lift and see how I go.

only other way is to make a custom rear bar out of s/s or ally and make it a box shape design for lack of a better word and use it as a water tank aswell

only other way is to make a custom rear bar out of s/s or ally and make it a box shape design for lack of a better word and use it as a water tank aswell

It'll be far too boxy! I'm thinking the 33' tyre won't fit in the original space with a toe bar anyways.
So I will run the tyre on the roof rack when it's done and run that water tank under there and make a bash plate for it.

Jeez where you going to put that

Well, going by the illustration below, the idea is to try and put it between the Fridge and the rear of the tub. Currently I would have enough room to put 3x20Lt Jerry Cans in the same spot, but to plumb up the 3 Jerry Cans to a single feed line would be a pain I feel, so am thinking of a single water storage unit of 40 - 60Lts

Attachments

• Storage Plan.jpg
    Storage Plan.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 154
just throwing it out there,ive seen it were the headboard or sports bar of the ute is custom made as a sealed water or even fuel tank,i think it was about 4" round.i know its not alot but id say about 30ltrs odd maybe more deppending on design.
i reckon its a pretty good idea, it takes up no extra space so why not.
just an idea

Once again, where are you putting these? They will take up a massive amount of space?

These will run up against the front of the ute section over the wheel arches. They will sit on top on my draw system and being only 20cm wide, won't use up that much room. Add to this the same size diesel one and for a total width (or depth depending on how u look at it) of 40cm or so. They stand 40cm high so that's OK.... and 120cm long. Lift up the side window of the canopy to fill them up.... I think its the right spot and won't use up too much useful space....

Heres my set up.

55lt tank and electric pump mounted to the inside of the canopy bulkhead. This is it before I got the drawers put in. Pump to the top right hand side. You can see the brass drain plug on the bottom right. I just hook a hose up to drain it.

Fitout001.jpg
[/IMG]

And here it is with the Drifta drawers.

IMG_1417.jpg

Heres my set up.

55lt tank and electric pump mounted to the inside of the canopy bulkhead. This is it before I got the drawers put in. Pump to the top right hand side. You can see the brass drain plug on the bottom right. I just hook a hose up to drain it.

[/IMG]

And here it is with the Drifta drawers.

I have seen these. I dont mind them at all just didn't want to take up tub space. But that will take up less space than 3 Jerry cans.
I am doing a 2.1m roof rack soon so I will
Probably put my spare up top and put a tank underneath there with a bash plate.

Sparra04, maybe a silly question but do you have the water tank behind the rear seat?, if so which one (part number) I'm interested in putting a water tank there.

Heres my set up.

Fitout001.jpg

How did u fasten the tank to the tub? To the floor or the front part of the tub?

Latest posts

Back