Very Sad.. How much for the Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattM90

Reaction score
Hey guys,

been offered a very good job that i cant refuse overseas for a year and looks like i have to sell my car. The worst thing is i bought it 4 days before christmas.. brand new... i have spent around $10k on extras aswell.

Its a 2011 ST Slate Grey auto with 3600kms.. yes you read correctly only 3600kms.

with 2inch tough dog lift, new 32' BFG KM2 mud terrains, nudge bar, tub liner, tow bar, new lightforce spotlights, latest kenwood sound and CD/GPS/ Sat nav with bluetooth and reverse camera, seat covers

Literally no scratches or dents.

how much is reasonable you reckon?

Attachments

• IMG_4004.jpg
    IMG_4004.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4003.JPG
    IMG_4003.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4005.jpg
    IMG_4005.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4006.JPG
    IMG_4006.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Nav Back.jpg
    Nav Back.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 115
That sucks mate. It's a nice looking rig. Go to Nissan where you bought it and see what they will give you for it then bang $5000.00 on the price they give you and sell it privately. If your desperate to sell it place it on here for the wholesale price nissan offered you. I don't think you will have trouble selling it.Congrats on the job OS

Thats good news about the job dude, BUT it sux that you will have to get rid of the D40!!
Is there no way at all that you can store it while your gone?

Its a hard one to put a $ amount on.
Here is how i see it, I paid 36k for my ST in March 11 new,
with all your accessories i would think you should be able to get 36 - 38k for it.
I know it would owe you way more, but you know as well as i do the minute it leaves the yard the value drops, so if you take that into account you are going to have to loose some dollars.

Thats only my opinion and i have been known to be wrong..... ALOT..

will be keen to know how it turns out, so keep us in the loop.

Good luck with the sale and the new job O,S.

Nathan

Drive out of the showroom, minus 20%. Minus 10% of total kilometres from price. Accessories, add a total of 35% of what it cost you (if you're lucky). Put an extra 500$ to create bargaining room. There's the price of your car.

Which means,
7,000-
360-
3,500+
500+

Total = about 32k.

Yeh I to keep it. I am thinking of keeping it now as it is going to make me cry when I sell for heaps less. It owes me around 53k so that sucks. I was thinking of just whacking it on for 45k and just hope for the best. I can always get my brother to help me sell it. As I'm not in a big hurry.

Thanks fellas

12 months is really not long & then you have buy another car. Will it be as good as the money you get if you sell this one?

If you have finance on the vehicle it may be a different story because then you need to factor in re-payments

Don't sell it unless there's some compelling reason not to keep it. I would find someone you trust to store it and run it occasionally, a year is not that long and later in it's life it will have very low k's for it's age (a good thing).
If you sell now you'll suffer a big depreciation hit because you bought it new, then when you come back and have to do it all over again I reckon you'd regret it even if you could afford to take the hit twice, that would also eat into your financial advantage from taking this job.

Yeh I know. I don't owe money I paid out right. You guys are pretty much right cause I was going to buy another D40 when I get back anyway. I just think I put the money in a big interest account and see how much I have when I get back. If I can store in a relatives garage and get them to start it once a week it would be good.

If you know someone looking to buy new and wants to save money let me know in case.

No I just saved all my money like and bought it. Worth it. I really want to keep it but at same time think what's the point. And I could stay in Europe for up to 18 months. That would be great if you could spread the word. Would you want me to make something in word and attach it??

its up to you mate...if u do we can download it print it and hang the flyer up...the trucks got some goodies

Latest posts

Back