Very painful

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick

Reaction score
Guys today I was driving as accustomed,then suddenly I heard this loud tapping coming from under the hood, so I stop shut off and got outside and check under the bonnet to see if I could find any irregularities, found none, so got back in and started again and surely the noise was still there. It gets louder with engine rev. Pulled it to a nearby friend and we removed valve cover, but nothing loose or slack,remove cover from the timing chain everything is tight nothing loose tensioner check. Replace covers,stars but noise is still there. Please help

need some info here.
where are from (roughly) ?
what D22 do you have?

your avatar suggests you have the early YD25 powered D22 which ozzie never got. i suspect your from europe?
the loud tapping could well be the bottom end failing. DO NOT DRIVE IT !
if you have not had the bottom end bearings replaced then i would do so.
pay to look on http://www.nissan-navara.net/ for info on that.

I live in the Caribbean in a small country call St.Kitts. Yes it's the yd25 engine.I bought it from England. What bottom end bearings are you referring to

yes, get the bearings changed quickly. otherwise piston rod tends to go through the block and you will need a whole new motor.

I'm tearing my engine down today. Fingers crossed. Will keep you updated on progress

First I found some little cracks in the head right next to each glow plug,

Latest posts

Back