vacuum operated air inlet control valve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connaught

Reaction score
ok so i was changing my vacuum hoses and decided to look into the manual and see if i had in fact got them all, as it turns out i didn't,

what i noticed is that my manual says that there is a air intake control valve, and a solenoid to go with it, and it would appear that the throttle valve is vacuum operated, - mine isn't like that, no vacuum lines what so ever going to the throttle body, (i know its electrically operated),

the only thing i can think of is that my nav doesn't have cruise control, that this explains the lack of these extra vacuum controlled bits??? as far as i can tell the only thing on my nav that is vacuum operated is the turbo and the brake booster, i have found several vacuum line connections that have been blanked off though and some extra plugs in about the spots the solenoid is supposed to be

does this mean that if i want cruise control, i need the brake and clutch switches, the steering wheel and vacuum operated components on the engine?

thanks in advance

If you want a factory Nissan cruise control you do. The switches on the brake and clutch are there to disengage the cruise (I suppose you could wire them so they don't work, not sure if that will cause other trouble). Don't know about aftermarket units, they might just tap into the existing brake wiring. If you want a genuine one that's brand new, ask Nizzbits (a user on this forum) or visit his web site www.nizzbits.com.au.

My wife has a cruise control in the car. It works like this:

"Tony ... just drive."

hahahhaha thats funny

kinda like

"thats impossible officer, my wife won't let me drive that fast??"

i was what iffing about the cruise control, more trying to determine what all that extra crap is for hehe

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back