V8 in Engine in D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buco

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im looking at putting in a 5.7 holden v8 motor in my 05 d22 and was wondering if someone has done it, and if there is any probs in doing it.

cheers

the best advice I can give you is don't do it. Look at inporting a supercharged VG33ER from the states or do a hot rebuild on yours and put a eaton super charger on it. It will save you heaps of coin and heartache. TRUST ME

Hey guys,

Im looking at putting in a 5.7 holden v8 motor in my 05 d22 and was wondering if someone has done it, and if there is any probs in doing it.

cheers

mmmmmm try a search, u might be surprised

scotty, what were the biggest dramas you had with your setup?

IF! you where going too do a V8, something like a VK45DE or VK45DD would probably be a better option as they are a physically a smaller motor and maybe easier to fit.

IF! you where going too do a V8, something like a VK45DE or VK45DD would probably be a better option as they are a physically a smaller motor and maybe easier to fit.

smallblock ford windsor is very compact as well and a lot cheaper and easier to mod

Ok I've done a little bit of research on the vk45de and it's a pretty impressive motor!

Do you guys know of any importers that deal with that motor?

Buco said:
Ok I've done a little bit of research on the vk45de and it's a pretty impressive motor!

Do you guys know of any importers that deal with that motor?

No sorry, I did find one once when I was thinking of puttin on in my old D22. Start searching the web mate.

As the vk45's are a Nissan motor, I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the states hasn't already done it or even make a kit.

Everyone wants a big engine. The big engine on here is the SEARCH ENGINE, But it must be a myth because no one can use it

What's wrong with wanting a big engine mate?
Of there's a search engine but it's always good
To get other people's info on the matter!

Buco said:
What's wrong with wanting a big engine mate?
Of there's a search engine but it's always good
To get other people's info on the matter!

His point is that if you'd used the search engine, one of the first results should be a massive build up thread that scottybobcat did when he put a genIII into his nav. Any and all info on the matter would be there... Found with a search engine

VH45's and VK45-56's are pretty wide.

They are Quad Cam V8's. Should fit though as 1UZFE's fit in Hilux's.

Back