Using oil - oil light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynndog

Reaction score
I am currently away but my brother in law has been using my Nav to get around. He filled the car up and apparently the oil light came on. When he checked the oil it was really low.

Any ideas on what would cause this? It has never happened to me and not being there I can't really do much so your advice will be gold.

Thanks

could be a leak or could be getting past the rings and burning, u will smell it if its getting burnt

I would be checking under the car for a leak first. What oil is in there at the moment? Might be burning in the turbo from hot shutdown.

I reckon he would have seen an external leak. Burning it it may be the culprit.

It was Penrite 15-50 HPR. I have gim changing the oil and filter today with HPR 5 10-40.

I reckon he would have seen an external leak. Burning it it may be the culprit.

It was Penrite 15-50 HPR. I have gim changing the oil and filter today with HPR 5 10-40.

what engine have you and k's clocked up??

Has about 140K on it so shouldn't be burning oil and the rings and everything were checked around Jun when I had the head done.

My only thought is if he has been dropping the right foot it may use considerably more oil?

Has about 140K on it so shouldn't be burning oil and the rings and everything were checked around Jun when I had the head done.

My only thought is if he has been dropping the right foot it may use considerably more oil?

You've had a head done at 140K . More info needed about that. why was the head done .

i get the oil light everytime i turn the car on. the it goes of after a few seconds. my turbo seems to be leaking oil from somewhere but it doesn't drop on the ground, it just drops on to the top of the sump and cakes on.. not a bat leak though..i check the oil regularly and it doesn't seem to drop much at all

Any oil leaking into the coolant - & vice versa?

If its burning oil there should be smoke (blue, not black).

He said he couldn't see any but did a full oil and filter change and is going to keep a close eye on it so I will update with how it all goes.

I might get him to have a look in the radiator to see if there is oil. I really hope not. Check my albums for a view on that.

One mechanic he spoke to referenced a possible leak or crack within/around the pistons. He said that after a replacement head for ZD30 it is common for the pistons to go next. Not sure if anyone else has heard similar or if he is just another ZD30 hater.
Probably knowing my luck.

Latest posts

Back