urgent help needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shayne187

Reaction score
help.. i have zd30 when driving the engine light came on and then lost power and lost half my normal boost pressure . come on guys im sure some 1 has had this problem , what is it and whats the fix for it

sounds like the hose has come loose from between the turbo & manifold. That'd be my guess.

+1 on getting the codes.

If your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor in your intake has gone south (it does happen) your ECU won't know how much air it's getting, so it's not going to let you play nice. Limp mode restricts the engine so that it can't damage itself - usually that's a good thing.

And until you know what code is being given by the ECU, everything here is guesswork at best because textual diagnoses just don't always work.

It could be an oil feed/pressure issue, radiator temp sensor, O2 sensor in the exhaust - who knows, until that code is revealed.

thanks, yeh it is limp mode ,just thought id let ya's know that ecu light comes on first then boost drops to ab out 8psi and its just gutless . will take to some to get tested and post up what senor it was thats fucked,,

Sounds like a turbo over boost, have you blanked the EGR and not changed the vacc. lines around?

Shane are you still stuck ?

I have a working MAP sensor you could try.

Let you know if you wanna try it.

My spare only cost me $30 second hand from a wrecker. Was on mine for 6 months until I got off my arse and put the brand new one I had on. The original I snapped the barb off.

Shane are you still stuck ?

I have a working MAP sensor you could try.

Let you know if you wanna try it.

My spare only cost me $30 second hand from a wrecker. Was on mine for 6 months until I got off my arse and put the brand new one I had on. The original I snapped the barb off.

Are you still trying to flog that sensor....:big_smile:

Na I plan on keeping it.

He can try it, to see if his is stuffed.

I want it back so I have as little as possible down time.

mine did that just after putting in a new turbo. just had an inspection and realised turbo hose had cracked. hopefully when I replace all is good. :)

Latest posts

Back