Uni's Replaced Under Warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderer

Reaction score
A month ago as per my previous post my flywheel failed and was replaced.

Now the uni on the back of the gearbox is failing. It sqeals as I take off, or go into second. As it is sealed cant be from dirt.

Anyone claimed these under warranty as my mechanic said now way should fail in 65k's ? Could it have to do with the gearbox coming out ?

Im at a wits end and thinking about getting a cruiser, we have 3 toyotas in the company and they dont break down, seems my ute constantl has problems.....

mass produced parts can and will fail at any time. lucky you have 3 that dont dreak down, most arent so lucky.and there not that good.

A month ago as per my previous post my flywheel failed and was replaced.

Now the uni on the back of the gearbox is failing. It sqeals as I take off, or go into second. As it is sealed cant be from dirt.

Anyone claimed these under warranty as my mechanic said now way should fail in 65k's ? Could it have to do with the gearbox coming out ?

Im at a wits end and thinking about getting a cruiser, we have 3 toyotas in the company and they dont break down, seems my ute constantl has problems.....

Would be good if we knew what model D40 you are talking about.....I must be a lucky one....travelled in some of the harshest country in Australia, the high country, the deserts, the cape etc and no problems, I'm wondering if I treat my car a bit more gently than some folks or what??

I have an '09 STX (Spanish build) and no trouble with the unis. Like Pete, we've done numerous water crossings, mud holes, dusty tracks, alpine treks, circuits of Uluru ... the unis on ours are fine.

I don't recall the '08 having a huge drama with unis. The '06 had some rear axle issues handled by recall and the 06 through to 09 have had recalls to fit bonnet retention straps.

There might be value in getting the thing inspected by an independent mechanic to determine the cause of the failure - if it's obviously workshop-related (for example, bad fitting of a component) then you may have a case against the workshop. It's a path you could try before shelling out too much cash.

Thanks guys changed it. Tamworth Nissan had it out to redo the flywheel clutch under warranty and maybe not put back in properly. Honestly, over the nissan 65,000 ks and craps loads of warranty work, pitty cause ive spent $20K on after market accessories, but by Xmas I'll be in a 76 series GXL Cruiser.

I had my 09 Titanuim in for its 40k service and was informed a few uni's were buggered as they will replace them once they arrive under warranty.... The service manager asked if i noticed any clicking noises or anything.....nope was none the wiser.... Have had a few warranty claims so far and all have been dealt with easily, cant fault the guys...as yet:cheers!:

Back