tyre up grade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is the best size tyre to run on a d40 and is there much power loss going to 75 series

You could go with something like a Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ in 245/75/16 and still have the same overall diameter as a D40 factory fitted tyre (255/70/16)

On my D40 I use Toyo Open Country A/T's in 255/70/16

mate they cant void your whole warranty due to tyres but you do have to be aware of state laws etc and therefore insurance.

I went to 265/75/16's on mine and while they are classified as illegal due to being over 15mm larger than stock it was something I am willing to live with.

The biggest difference you are likely to notice is the reduction in brake performance. Power is not that bad.

may have to look at lift etc too depending on what size you go.

what is the best size tyre to run on a d40 and is there much power loss going to 75 series

"Best" is an opinion based on what you will use your vehicle for. Provide some information on what you want to use your vehicle for, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people here willing to assist.

I wouldn't buy BFG M/T KM2 again, their 265/75 looks more like 225! Skinny looks crap on such a fat ass truck.

I'm going Procomps next time.

265/75 D694's look pretty good, dont know the legalities of them here in WA, we even run them on the prado's on site (Pilbara).

you can compare size differences here by plugging in the different sizes. i was suprised how different the comparisons were.

Tyre Size Calculator @ ExplorOz

I have 275/70s on my D22 that takes 255/70s and that makes 3.54 Kph difference @ 100 Kph. not much, but it's nice to know.

In looking to these tyres I have found out that QLD was the last state to come in to line with the rest. It is now league to go up to 50mm bigger or will be soon

I run 265/75/16 on my D40 with a 2' lift and they are awesome, do have a little bit less braking but handling hasn't really been affected. the speddo has now been corrected to dead on the money!

I found this before as you hear so much talk about legalities of tyres and it confuses the hell out of everyone, but according to this 265/75/16 are legal at least in victoria!

PCoA • View topic - The truth on legal tyre sizes

Will they fit with out the lift ?
Hey Mick, I'm getting my new D40 ST on Thursday and having those size tyres put on on Friday so I'll update you Friday night to see if they run OK. Have already looked into a 2 inch lift just in case!

Latest posts

Back