Tyre Pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcv

Reaction score
Hi all,
What tyre pressure should I have?
stock d22, few tools in the back, daily driving on freeways etc

265/70/R16 Goodrich ATs

thanks

From memory the placard in the glove box recommends 32 psi in the front and 38 psi in the rear.

Watch you tyre wear and judge from that if your chewing edges up your pressures if it's wearing inside lower them. I run 45 in front of mine (cause I have stuffed bushes and cbf fixing yet) and 40 in the rear. Bridgestone 869 i think.

Watch you tyre wear and judge from that if your chewing edges up your pressures if it's wearing inside lower them. I run 45 in front of mine (cause I have stuffed bushes and cbf fixing yet) and 40 in the rear. Bridgestone 869 i think.

Can't say I've heard of a 869 bridgestone, lol. Maybe 693, 694 or 697...

Anyway, I still have the factory 693 bridgestones on mine and they are getting very close to the wear markers in the middle after just over 62k km. I have dropped pressures to about 28psi front and back as there is still a lot of tread depth between the centre and outside edge. They have obviously worn too much in the middle from being overinflated. I used to run 34 rear and 36 in the front, but just trying to stretch them out a bit longer to see how far I can get them.

In saying all that, there is a thing called the 4psi rule. I can't remember what it involves exactly, but google should help you out. It is apparently the best way to determine the correct tyre pressure to run...

Slighty higher pressure gets marginaly better fuel economy. But can be a harsher ride if you go to high. I run mine around 32 or 34 psi. Getting a good even wear and slightly more comfortable ride.

After alot of experimenting i run 33psi front and rear in Cooper Maxx St 33s
Drop them down to around 28 for rough stuff and 18-20 for sand, beach etc.
Works fo me but i have heavy duty springs and shocks all round as well.

depends a lot on what tires you have, the load you have on and roads you drive on.
i'm generally around 30-35 front, rears any thing from 28 to 40 depending on load. tho i've had as high as 50 psi for some tires.

In saying all that, there is a thing called the 4psi rule. I can't remember what it involves exactly, but google should help you out. It is apparently the best way to determine the correct tyre pressure to run...

They're quite a few people who swear by it for every vehicle they drive. No two trucks are setup the same or carry the same weight so you can't really ask someone else the correct the pressure for you

The 4psi rule is below. Start with about 25psi, drive for an hour or so then check the pressure, if the pressure has gone up MORE than 4 psi, your starting pressure was too LOW, add more air NOW. If your pressure has gone up LESS than 4psi, then your starting pressure was too HIGH, drop 2 psi now. Try it a few times, it won't take long for you to work out a good start pressure for most conditions or surfaces, and in time, you'll be able to pick the right pressures for any conditions, surfaces, ambient temps etc. It just means that yuo need to pay a little attention to your tyre pressures and that's a good thing. Get it down pat and you will significantly increase the life of your tyres as well as getting the best from them in terms of traction' driveability and handling. It works in ALL conditions and under ALL circumstances! (Except maybe if you are running a 38" tyre on a Suzuki, when there is no weight on the tyres at all and even with 0psi in them they still don't flex enough to get hot or increase pressure!)

:redcool:

They're quite a few people who swear by it for every vehicle they drive. No two trucks are setup the same or carry the same weight so you can't really ask someone else the correct the pressure for you

The 4psi rule is below. Start with about 25psi, drive for an hour or so then check the pressure, if the pressure has gone up MORE than 4 psi, your starting pressure was too LOW, add more air NOW. If your pressure has gone up LESS than 4psi, then your starting pressure was too HIGH, drop 2 psi now. Try it a few times, it won't take long for you to work out a good start pressure for most conditions or surfaces, and in time, you'll be able to pick the right pressures for any conditions, surfaces, ambient temps etc. It just means that yuo need to pay a little attention to your tyre pressures and that's a good thing. Get it down pat and you will significantly increase the life of your tyres as well as getting the best from them in terms of traction' driveability and handling. It works in ALL conditions and under ALL circumstances! (Except maybe if you are running a 38" tyre on a Suzuki, when there is no weight on the tyres at all and even with 0psi in them they still don't flex enough to get hot or increase pressure!)

:redcool:

:withstupid:

I use the 4psi rule in both my cars and so far I've been happy with tyre wear and performance. Having said that I only bothered working out the pressures on bitumen.

Offroad I just go the standard 24psi for fire trails and 18psi on the beach.

Can't say I've heard of a 869 bridgestone, lol. Maybe 693, 694 or 697...

Anyway, I still have the factory 693 bridgestones on mine and they are getting very close to the wear markers in the middle after just over 62k km. I have dropped pressures to about 28psi front and back as there is still a lot of tread depth between the centre and outside edge. They have obviously worn too much in the middle from being overinflated. I used to run 34 rear and 36 in the front, but just trying to stretch them out a bit longer to see how far I can get them.

Bridgestone dueler h/t 684 II I was way off uploadfromtaptalk1424484168207.jpg
If I don't have higher pressure I destroy them. 255 70 16 (factory Ford ranger have 30 of em to wear out)

Latest posts

Back