Tying down a fridge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJK

Reaction score
So today I bought a new Waeco CFX35 to keep in the back of the ute, I don't have a canopy or anything so was restricted to height. I'm now trying to figure out the best way to tie it down!? Can someone give me some ideas and show me how you have done it? Thinking of getting a fridge slide down the track but need another option in the mean time.

Cheers.

I used to use ratchet straps and use three of the hooks ( in 3 corners). It was messy but it held the fridge firm. I now have a slide (picked up from the local tender centre for 110$) and it is so much easier, not just for fixing the fridge in the tray but for acessing the contents of the fridge.

I think Ive got the same fridge as you, mine has no tie down points, pain in the ass, My tray is covered in ply so I just wedged mine in place using some angle screwed to the plywood.

I have a 45 so not quite the same fridge but similar. I put tie down points in the floor similar to these:

DSC02893.jpg

I then put tie down straps up through the handles and used the loops to anchor the fridge to the floor. I put mine in the cab by flipping up the split rear seat and then us the seat holding down bolts to attach the tie down loops in place. Don't know if there is anywhere in your tray you can put the loops.

Thanks guys. May end up with a slide down the track but for now I reckon those tie down points look good, just pick em up from a hardware store?

install the tie down rails and cleats the D40 have, my engel didn't move for the 3 days it was in there for before I put the tray on

I went with the sheet of ply in botom of tub and rubber straps through handles down to hooks on ply, stays in place and no drilling holes in your tray.

Latest posts

Back