turbo swap.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellhound

Reaction score
i just wanted too know if any one has bought a cheap ebay turbo n put it on there zd30 navara i was looking at one of these to put on my car.

Max-GT2528 TURBO CHARGER for GT25 GT28 Universal Truck | eBay

the only problem that i see is that it runs a wet float bearing (which is the same as the bearings u use in ur crank n rods) i know that there hav a better life then ball bearing but dont spool up as quick.

so i just wanted to know if had an other thought but the matter?

also i will be putting an intercooler on it at the same time n probly get it tuned on a dyno by a pro tuner.:cheers!:

I think most people stay away from the ebay stuff in 4x4's.
I see alot of the performance guys doing it (with the same results)
There is just no reliability and quality control with them. Sure one person might buy one and get 200,000km's out of it. But the next one off the production run wont live past 2000km's.

Probably the worst run of luck I have seen with them was a customer building an AU falcon turbo on the cheap.
By the time he brought his 3rd garrett copy turbo it equaled the cost of a Genuine garrett anyway... Then he had to buy a genuine garrett after the 3rd one went bang.
Just kept snapping the compressor nut off the front of the shaft for some reason.

I think most people stay away from the ebay stuff in 4x4's.
I see alot of the performance guys doing it (with the same results)
There is just no reliability and quality control with them. Sure one person might buy one and get 200,000km's out of it. But the next one off the production run wont live past 2000km's.

Probably the worst run of luck I have seen with them was a customer building an AU falcon turbo on the cheap.
By the time he brought his 3rd garrett copy turbo it equaled the cost of a Genuine garrett anyway... Then he had to buy a genuine garrett after the 3rd one went bang.
Just kept snapping the compressor nut off the front of the shaft for some reason.

yeah i was thinking going with a garrett. they are only about $500 more then the ebay turbo i was looking at, i just got to work out wat size first.:cheers!:

Making an adaptor of new manifold to suit the new turbo will be almost as expensive as the new turbo I would imagine.

Sizing... Well, 2860 is going to be to big... Honestly.

So look down from there.

My ATX turbo is a GT2560RS core.

I gotta get that on once this flu is dead and burried.

hmmm wonder how much it would to get a custom high mount turbo manifold made up instead of an adaptor,
because we all know that the stock one is shit as,
as for the turbo size i was thinking that it might be a bit big because a mate of mine said that he used the disco potato in his patrol 4.2 n it is was nearly to big in his opion.
does anyone know wat the price off the turbo that axt uses for there patrol turbo upgrade that they showed in one off the 4wd custom mags not to long ago?
because they used a modified rear housing of a patrol n then a garret compressor wheel housing, with the guts of a garret gt25 or about that size?
also boosted how big are thos turbos u have?

hey boosted are these internal or externel waste gated?
i was looking at a garret 25 60rs for about $1050 from sydney.:cheers!:

Back