turbo problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordy

Reaction score
hi guys iv got an 04 str zd30 and i think the turbo is playing up cause it feels like it lacks power in top gear and the pick up isnt what it used to be how can i tell if it is the turbo or not. cheers

Spin the compressor wheel on the turbo by hand to see if it has any play in it, it should spin nice and easy with no hesitations

I agree with the previous posters. Start with the cheap stuff then work your way up.

First thing I'd do is check the air filter to make sure it's ok, then with really clean hands I'd remove the hose off the front of the turbo and check it - there should be ZERO free play (wobble) in the shaft.

If that's all ok, give the primer bulb a squeeze just to make sure there's no leak - it should firm up within 3-4 squeezes at the most.

Now start the engine and get someone to rev it to about 2500-3000rpm while you watch the hoses around the turbocharger. Look for collapsing or ballooning hoses.

If they're still good, grab a bottle of injector cleaner and toss it in your tank.

I'd then do the EGR mod. It's possible that your EGR valve is malfunctioning and is allowing exhaust gas into the intake manifold at high throttle - which it shouldn't do. Block it off = ends the problem.

If that doesn't fix things, it will be time to get the injectors looked at, as well as the inlet manifold.

thanks guys will have a play with it over the weekend and let yous no how i went i did the egr mod but put it back to normal cause i didnt think it made much of a difference,i might put it back and see how it goes again.and i forgot to say that my turbo has been leaking a fair bit of oil so dont no what the go is there i showed my mates and he thinks ive done the oil part in the turbo if that makes sence cheers guys.

IMG_0617.jpg

Ditch the factory turbo and put one of these on.

Its a custom turbo built by AXT.

I think off the top of my head the exhaust housing is a GU ZD30 housing with a GT2560 or 63RS core and a custom intake side housing.

Its going on this weekend.

not long ago i had to change my nps and the car was in limp mode then some 1 told me that there is another switch infront of the nps and they said it could be that what do you guys think. i did all the stuff that every1 recomended to check and its all fine its got me stumped.

will have to check the manual but switch in front of NPS i think is reverse switch.

Well I did it.

The only thing that bolted on was the turbo to the manifold.

Dont bother people, !@#$%^ nightmare.

When the factory one blows. Hi-flowed standard it is.

dave can you post up a separate thread on this. would be interested in what else is required to be changed.

Latest posts

Back