totally utterly pi......... off confused

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate, I sent you a pm, not sure if you got it, I have a set of tough dogs complete sans rear leafs, but you have shackles anyway I'll give you them for a bargain price, I had ARB bar on my king cab with this set up and had 40mm lift, 265/75 16 MTZ's fit no worries.
If you fit a winch and they sag a bit more pop a spacer on top.

If you want exactly 50mm lift get the Monster rides gear and adjust the height to whatever you want.

Rich

Hi everyone

wanna say cheers thank you the advice for me being a virgin to 4x4:rofl2:.

well i went with company zordo and we talked and decided on getting Dobinson heavy duty 4x4 spring's and lovell shocks. i have heard about this set up is good as some on the site has it so thanks all.

jock

Hi guy's talked to zordo the company talked about coils and shocks for front, went for heavy duty dobinson coils and maybe lovell shocks, anyone got anything to say about lovell

zordo talked me into blue maxx front coils and shockies, the back leaves where upgraded by previous owner, (no idea what they are), but i got 75 mm lift on the front, mind you the old suspension was rooted, it looked like a dragster, now its sittin nice and level and 55 - 60 higher than a mates new stx

that was about 6 months ago and no sag yet and i am happy with the overall performance of the suspension,

need to talk to him about rear shockies soon though,

higher than 2 inch front shacks and springs

Hi

if i get higher than 50 mm springs and shocks will i need an engineers cert ?
is that how it works.

whats the next up from 2 inch can you get 3 inch.

jock

There are some 3" lift available from US (nisstec or prg) or monster rides in Sydney. US is cheaper, you can also get Titan front end conversion kits which give Nav's a lot more travel and lift, they are a bit of work I think though.
There are 4-5" Calmini or superior engineering diff drop kits (snake don't have them anymore).
Or you can do 2" lift then a body lift, has to be approved in most states and is a no no in Vic.

if i get 50mm springs and they go down to 40mm or 30 is it good to put on a spacer to raise exactly 50mm

Superior engineering make a 10mm strut spacer to bring the nose of your Nav back up. You can get it from them or Zordo supplies them as well.
A 10mm space will lift the front 15-17mm

the d40 wont ever get a 50mm front coil lift as the cv angle becomes real nasty after 30mm's of lift plus the higher you go the less down wards travel you'll get and the front will be as rigid as a skyline ie shit offroading! i'd even suggest to ditch any coil spacers you have already. either go a 5-6" calmini X drop kit and put 33s on or deal with the 30mm front/40 mm rear lifts available. they're just not built for big lifts buddy

the d40 wont ever get a 50mm front coil lift as the cv angle becomes real nasty after 30mm's of lift plus the higher you go the less down wards travel you'll get and the front will be as rigid as a skyline ie shit offroading! i'd even suggest to ditch any coil spacers you have already. either go a 5-6" calmini X drop kit and put 33s on or deal with the 30mm front/40 mm rear lifts available. they're just not built for big lifts buddy

Yeah well wrong. when I installed my tough dog lift I go 55mm of lift. The Nav drove and handled great with a nice comftable ride. had no problem with the cv's and no trouble with wheel travel when off road. I'm running 33's, been running this set up for 12months now.
I am upgrading my suspension now but this is more then enough for an adverage person.

Latest posts

Back