Torsion Bars Opinion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STC

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Could anybody help with an opinion on the Maxi Trac torsion bars for a D22,
positive and negative welcome.

Cheers STC

Any help would be great.........:dontknow:

I have also got the option to buy a set of Maxi Trac heavy duty springs at clearance cost of $100 each.

STC

As Zordo said in another thread:

In my opinion there is little difference between brands
There are not many factories making torsion bars
Leaf spring usually Bluemax or EFS same thing really.
also OME Dakars come from the same factory.
Suspension is a personal thing most people will like a particular kit, yet there will be somebody who won't like it.
Some people you just can not please. So far i have had no problems
On the other hand dearer shocks tend to be better than cheaper shocks, but you have to ask are they twice as good
Cheers

http://www.navara.asia/general-tech-talk/348-efs-suspension-4.html

G day STC,

After market torsion bars ive been told are a waste of time and money, because they are exactly the same as factory ones besides made from higher grade steel. no benefits are achieved, like ride height, quality or flex. each to there own thou, i just dont see the point in replacing anything something thats not going to give you any advantage.

Matty

After market torsion bars ive been told are a waste of time and money, because they are exactly the same as factory ones besides made from higher grade steel. no benefits are achieved, like ride height, quality or flex. each to there own thou, i just dont see the point in replacing anything something thats not going to give you any advantage.

Made from a steel with a higher torsional stiffness, rather than a higher 'grade' steel. The advantage to them is best felt in vehicles with steel bullbars, winches, what-have-you heavy stuff bolted on the front end. I'll agree that there's no advantage in ride height, and I also agree that amplitude of flex has nothing to do with the bars, and aftermarket bars (if heavy duty) should reduce the flex you experience, being heavier duty and all...

Do any factory bars from anything with a heavier front end fit the Navara? That would be a cheap alternative to aftermarket, you'd net the same effect.

Thanks for the replys guys, I have decided to not pursue the bargain prices that I have on offer. I was advised that the Maxi Trac's have a sag problem so the cheap price seems not so cheap if ya have to replace them in 12 months.
I think I will just wait until I can afford the Ridepro springs.

STC

Latest posts

Back