Third battery in tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Navara

Reaction score
G'day all,
Looking to put third battery in the tub once the canopy goes on, and interested to know where you have yours?
My fridge is going in the left rear of the tub so it's accessible via tailgate or side window, but I am undecided as to whether to put the battery beside it in the corner behind the taillight, or right up front behind the fridge slide.

Pics would be great too!

Advance Search the D22 section for "aux battery" "second battery" or even "dual battery" you will find heaps of D22 drivers who have not only written about their aux batteries but have included photos.

Best mod I have done so far mate. I just have a soft tonneau on mine so I built a custom box that fits between and over the wheel arches to house the battery along with other things. I used a redarc isolator to look after things and ran heavy cables to an Anderson plug in the tub for easy removal. I have some pics on my garage I think.

Ive got two extra in the tub, hard up against to back seat window, It works out good space wise , but its a pain to check the water levels as I have to crawl under the canopy to the back with a torch see if they need to be topped up. Ive also got an external fuse box back there, makes it easy to hook up new stuff.

Best mod I have done so far mate. I just have a soft tonneau on mine so I built a custom box that fits between and over the wheel arches to house the battery along with other things. I used a redarc isolator to look after things and ran heavy cables to an Anderson plug in the tub for easy removal. I have some pics on my garage I think.

Had a look at the custom box setup. That's a ripper setup!

I run my third battery in a box I made with anderson plug and have a matching lead in the front corner of the tub to plug into. I only put it in when going away and I have the bonus of a portable batery pack when camping.

Cheers

A technical question. I have been caught out almost killing my 100ah deep cycle battery when having the fridge running but not driving the ute as I have a work ute. I am looking at installing a smaller 50ah battery in the cab and having it linked via Anderson plugs somehow. Can I charge this battery by linking it in parallel with the 100ah unit which is being charged by a ctek d250s dual?

Thanks

A technical question. I have been caught out almost killing my 100ah deep cycle battery when having the fridge running but not driving the ute as I have a work ute. I am looking at installing a smaller 50ah battery in the cab and having it linked via Anderson plugs somehow. Can I charge this battery by linking it in parallel with the 100ah unit which is being charged by a ctek d250s dual?

Thanks

From what I understand it is fine as long as both batteries are same type of construction and close to same size, but you may have charging issues with a 100Ah & 50Ah combination.

Hmm. I was thinking it would be less hassle removing the lead acid battery from under the bonnet and installing a better deep cycle unit which can handle under bonnet heat a bit better. I have the 09 model with standard dual battery up front. I would have to purchase another charger if I was to run another battery in a location so far away from the charger location.

Rusty

Back