The engine swap thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilmah

Reaction score
Alrighty I wanna see what sort of engine swaps people would do if they had say $20K to spend on a conversion. Lets try and keep it some what realistic e.g. engine has to fit in a D22 engine bay without too much modification and not weight more than 500kgs. It can include transmission and transfer case swaps:

Ill get the ball rolling

I would personally put a VQ35DE from a Nissan Maxima, although a wide engine with some minor trimming it will fit. Will bolt to most nissan gearboxes with an adapter plate. With twin turbos , forged rods and pistons it can push 600HP. If I had some coin left over I would run an Atlas II transfer

What was in the skyline that was said to capable of 1000hp? It was a twin turbo V6 wasn't it? We know the v6 fits.

Hey Dylan, do what scotty did 5.7 V8, but jokes aside, there is a D40 with a Ford powerstroke in it I doubt it's legal now but I would not spend 20k on a transplant into a farm truck, I know you are doing comp work now how about a supercharged commodore V6 with some tricks.

Skyline was the VR38DETT. AMS tuning are the company which are getting like 1600Hp out of them. Bloody Crazy yanks.

Another one of my favourites is the L98, TH400 gearbox and Atlas transfer. My mate runs one in his trophy truck and it goes real well. If scotty fit an LS1 there is no reason one of these wouldn't fit

. If scotty fit an LS1 there is no reason one of these wouldn't fit[/QUOTE said:
I've got Scotty's discarded VG33E in my D21. It goes nice but didn't cost 20k lol

Alrighty I wanna see what sort of engine swaps people would do if they had say $20K to spend on a conversion. Lets try and keep it some what realistic e.g. engine has to fit in a D22 engine bay without too much modification and not weight more than 500kgs. It can include transmission and transfer case swaps:

Ill get the ball rolling

I would personally put a VQ35DE from a Nissan Maxima, although a wide engine with some minor trimming it will fit. Will bolt to most nissan gearboxes with an adapter plate. With twin turbos , forged rods and pistons it can push 600HP. If I had some coin left over I would run an Atlas II transfer

I'm putting a vq30det into my silvia....i think as soon as it gets a yellow sticker ill put it into a navara for lols.
Pretty much same gearbox, so as long as the sump fits over the diff it would easily fit in the d22 engine bay.

If i had a choice, id like to have a small block v8 diesel navara but nissan never made one.
Curious how much cuttings required to fit the landcruiser 4.5l V8TT diesel...but then id rather use nissan parts.

so maybe the 3l v6 from a d40 mated to a 6speed manual would be my pipe dream conversion. Should be doable under 20k.
- but then thats not a nissan built motor either! jesus.
(ive never been a fan of the d40 shape)

I would put a forged rb30 with rb26 head in it, switch to single turbo, paired to the twin synchro 6 speed manual from a r33 gtr bolted up to the transfer case.

I'd swap engines by taking the 20 grand, selling the car/truck I had and putting those funds towards another vehicle with an engine more suited to the performance you had in mind.

Easier and way less painless.

I'd swap engines by taking the 20 grand, selling the car/truck I had and putting those funds towards another vehicle with an engine more suited to the performance you had in mind.

Easier and way less painless.

what is on the market that could even hold a candle to a rb26 d22? If you start with a petrol d22 you've already got a 30a gearbox, the front diff is the rear diff from a sr20 Silvia and the rear diff is from a patrol, they don't make drive lines like that everyday! the potential is massive and as far as engine conversions go, would be one of the best I've ever heard of.

Latest posts

Back