Thai king cab...loss of power(limp mode)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camo.b

Reaction score
So im on holiday driving there and i loose power in the city...a couple of traffic lights later im all good again....returning from holiday right now and on overtaking she suddleny lost power....had to pull over..removed the chip and had another go..no good...checked fault codes and came up with PO192 fuel rail pressure sensor circuit low input......no enging light on when running tho...im stuck in ardrossan S.A now if anyone has any ideas.

So did some diagnosis at the local mechanic and i have a dead common rail sensor....nissan cant sell just the sensor only the complete rail.anyone have one lying around?

Nissan won't split the rail up. With pressures approaching double that of the deepest point in our oceans, they're very rightly concerned about components coming apart. Have a read here - 20,000psi will cut through 600mm thick concrete. Our fuel rails can go up to 30,000psi and higher if we chip 'em. Imagine that bursting open in the engine bay - sure, the volume isn't there, but there's not that much lead in a .22 and that can do damage.

If the new rail doesn't work, pull the SCV and clean it. Actually you might do the SCV first, just so you can get the cheaper option out of the way before parting with big $. Might also be something in the tank blocking the pickup.

Where is this scv anyway?when i get it home on the truck tomorrow arvo ill have a good look at it...stuck on yorke's tonight

Im going to hold off on the rail till monday...i know its in stock and were not 100%sure if thats the problem...but everything is pointing that way..have borrowed a car for a few day when i get back so have a few days to suss it out...first problem this car has had since it was new in 09...

I'm with Tony, scv first, then fuel rail sensor. SCVs are notorious, have not heard of many fuel rail sensor failures.

Hey Camo.b, I have one you can have, i bought a second hand rail that i needed the pressure relief valve from.
As far as i know the sensor works, the guy i got it from had blown up his motor & bought a complete motor.
I live down at Seaford, email me if you want it. [email protected]

A day and a half in and i think im fixed...fingers crossed .....many thanks to ndr4 for the parts.what a top bloke!!!

Last edited:
A day and a half in and i think im fixed...fingers crossed .....many thanks to ndr4 for the parts.what a top bloke!!!

I'm glad it was that pressure sensor & hopefully the end of the problem.
Thanks for taking the time to talk about your mods with the suspension, you got me searching Ebay for those upper control arms now! $800 a pair, I might need to sell my body for a while.:yeahright:

Did you get extended brake lines for your lift? There's another $300, boy i'm gonna have a sore arse the way it's looking.

I did get extended lines for all 4 wheels but only needed them really for the rears..ring pbr brakes in adelaide..they will make them any length for about $30ish each and post them out to you in 24hrs.mine are 150mm longer than std...with the arms definatly look at the spc arms...huge amount of adjustment in them which you need when it gets wheel aligned..they look iffy but mine have never moved..prg make some nice adjuatable ones too.

Latest posts

Back