techpop10

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techpop10

Reaction score
Hi All from SE Qld. I drive an'06 D40 XTS, bought in Perth 18 mths ago, found out it was from SEQld and trucked over for sale in PER. Goes well,now fitted DGas and have no probs. Happy with consumption of both fuels. Just arr. Syd for start of retirement. Towed a 750kg trailer,well loaded, cruises @110kph in auto 'lockup' @2100rpm. Have revved to 4000rpm when passing a triple on the Nullabor, still accelerating past 130kph as top gear engaged. Have not experienced any of the most noted defects yet! Uses no oil, always serviced per dealer req'mnts. This unit was prev. modified with 2'' lift,h/duty shocks and springs, snorkel, and L/R tank (total 150 lts). Had 48,000 Ks on when acquired.One defect I DO have is a driveline vibration which only happens as the truck begins to slow on a climb and the rpm fells to 2000, Vib. ceases immed. down change occurs.This only happens when the truck is loaded, never when MT.Current mileage is app. 60,000ks.Sorry I was long-winded, I'll keep it short next time. Happy New Year to All.:beerglass:

Welcome to the forums!

One defect I DO have is a driveline vibration which only happens as the truck begins to slow on a climb and the rpm fells to 2000, Vib. ceases immed. down change occurs.This only happens when the truck is loaded, never when MT.

You could have the following things checked:

* Torque converter. Several D40 owners have had bad ones, Nissan have replaced under warranty.

* Drive shaft. Some people have reported theirs as being "out of balance". I would have thought this component would then show vibration at any load level though.

* Rear diff bearings. Under a load it'll seem worse, get these checked out. If you have a problem here, emptying the diff will reveal small flecks of metal in the oil. The D40's diff has occasionally been a source of irritation too.

Latest posts

Back