Taipan Exhaust Systems & Taipan Chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'Day All,

Just seeing if anyone has had dealings with Taipan at all with there 3" Mandrel Bent full exhaust systems and their Chips at all?
Thinking of getting them both installed in my 08 D22 to bring mainly power back up and better economy also. Had a mate put them both in his 07 D40 and it made massive improvements, hopefully will do the same for D22 as I have the larger tyres and quite a heavy tray on the rear. Any info or thoughts appreciated.

Thanks guys, Matt :questionmark: http://www.taipanxp.com.au/4wd/

sorry.

they seamed somewhat expensive but their gear looked really good.
unfortunately they where poor on giving info so i went elsewhere for the exhaust.

I didnt know they did chips, I knew about the exhausts but seemed a little expensive to me aswell. Go the beaudesert exhaust and a DP or Steinbauer chip I reckon.

steinbauer chip would be the way to go cause apparently they switch off at idle and only work when needed which is allegedly supposed to decrease engine temps and reduce fuel usage.
as for exhaust, i'd be looking local and getting something custom done. will flow better than mass produced and will be better made. price is usually pretty good too!
just my 2 cents worth anyway

steinbauer chip would be the way to go cause apparently they switch off at idle and only work when needed which is allegedly supposed to decrease engine temps and reduce fuel usage.
as for exhaust, i'd be looking local and getting something custom done. will flow better than mass produced and will be better made. price is usually pretty good too!
just my 2 cents worth anyway

Undoubtedly Steinbauer is the way to go. However, if your truck is still under warranty it is hard to remove the chip before a service given that its hard wired to the throttle sensor.

Undoubtedly Steinbauer is the way to go. However, if your truck is still under warranty it is hard to remove the chip before a service given that its hard wired to the throttle sensor.

this i have heard, but not seen. does make sense though, has anyone seen or got?

I have got the steinbauer mate but I couldn't tell you if it is any better than DP etc. It certainly makes nice power though. Just driving around town I only ever use the tinyest little bit of throttle. It makes a difference to everyday driving but where you really notice it is on hills, when the car is under load like a big hill it really excels, just keeps pulling like you wouldn't beleive. I haven't noticed any economy increase, but I have put on bigger tyres so maybe that cancelled any gains out.

I have a bigger exhaust on mine also, I reckon letting it breathe is as imporetant for power as the chip is.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers

I would think 3" system would be way to big for the 2.5" system. I've got 2.5" system in mine turbo back with one sports muffler. I have noticeable gains without the chip. Only down fall to mine is its all press bends not mandrel as I purchased the car with it on already. Personally if i changed it I'd keep the 2.5" system and just change The bends into mandrel not press.

Matt - i had a 2.75 'custom' system by a 'reputable company' fitted 14months ago but was always sus of the workmanship and bit the bullet for a 3" vortex taipan.
Engine appears to rev very freely and is noticibly smoother. Great whistle and best little rumble i have heard on a 3ltr without using a hotdog pipe etc......
Not cheap but i cant knock the quality and fit. Took me about half a carton and i never lost any knuckle skin:)

I have even seen my boost at cruise sit WAY more than the 2.75" system gave (around 9psi), but, that could be the poor install that included a big lip inside the dump pipe of the old pipe that they created with some 'bits' and the fact they used small gaskets etc and left big daggy welds.

I have a DP chip, front mount intercooler & EGR mod. My boost signal is taken from the engine side of the intercooler and it peaks around 16psi on my supacheap gauge....

Matt - i had a 2.75 'custom' system by a 'reputable company' fitted 14months ago but was always sus of the workmanship and bit the bullet for a 3" vortex taipan.
Engine appears to rev very freely and is noticibly smoother. Great whistle and best little rumble i have heard on a 3ltr without using a hotdog pipe etc......
Not cheap but i cant knock the quality and fit. Took me about half a carton and i never lost any knuckle skin:)

I have even seen my boost at cruise sit WAY more than the 2.75" system gave (around 9psi), but, that could be the poor install that included a big lip inside the dump pipe of the old pipe that they created with some 'bits' and the fact they used small gaskets etc and left big daggy welds.

I have a DP chip, front mount intercooler & EGR mod. My boost signal is taken from the engine side of the intercooler and it peaks around 16psi on my supacheap gauge....

mate who did your 2.75 system? as i only know of 1 company which does and a lot of people on here use them and have no issues at all?

hutchstr - lets just say i read the sunday papers here in the west.
I have some happy snaps of what i found when i removed the old system that i will attach.

There is no denying the 2.75 system made a huge improvement over the standard system but i live up the darling scarp and tow a boat up it on a weekly basis. I think you only need to look at the dump pipe on a taipan system to see that it would be hard to beat on a flow rate test...

I have towed my current boat from Brisbane to Perth via Darwin and head fish Geraldton/Kalbarri/Exmouth/Esperance when i can so i get to check performance every few months.
cheers

Attachments

• Dump.JPG
    Dump.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 68
  • flange.JPG
    flange.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 69
  • gasket.JPG
    gasket.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 92
...its not that i didnt get what i paid for from turbotech but rather i wasnt happy with what i got.
In hindsight i would gladly put up the bucks for the taipan system that is a simple bolt on rather than go the 'we can do the same for less' option. That is my opinion after having had diferent 3 systems on my Nav.

Matt - if you can spare the coin for a taipan exhaust then IMHO you wont be disapointed.

ohh turbotech! nah, wouldnt bother,... i thought you were talking about beaudesert exhausts....LOL they you wont have a problem with... Taipan are bloody expensive IMO

Latest posts

Back