suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbob

Reaction score
G'day all, I have an 04 D22 STR which has now done 170,000 Kms, and looking at upgrading my suspension. I have looked at OME, TJM, Pedders and a few others. still very much indecisive. Was just wondering what is recommended for camping and touring, carrying a max of 200kg.

Last edited:
check out 4wd systems in Adelaide, i have just bought a set form them, rear springs, 41mm foam cell shockers (F&R), U bolts, bushes, greasable shackles, all for $1060 supplied only. All is 2 inch lifted. I will be using it for pretty much what you are. but maybe a bit more weight.

heard bad things about Pedders, Tjm are twice the price and they push torsion bars which are not worth replacing. and OME, there are a few folks here that use them, i'll let them comment on them.

hi will, i went with the OME setup from arb, cost about 1400 fitted. i cant say a bad thing about the setup. you can really tell the difference soon as you drive out the driveway, and better yet once you get onto a bumpy dirt road the difference is amazing. you will be asking yourself why you didnt get it done sooner. one thing to be mindful of is that no matter what setup you choose most of them will try and sell it as a 2" lift, it is not the case with IFS im sorry. i got about 35mm lift in the front and about 45mm in the rear. it was definitely noticeable but dont go in expecting a full 2" lift

hi will, i went with the OME setup from arb, cost about 1400 fitted. i cant say a bad thing about the setup. you can really tell the difference soon as you drive out the driveway, and better yet once you get onto a bumpy dirt road the difference is amazing. you will be asking yourself why you didnt get it done sooner. one thing to be mindful of is that no matter what setup you choose most of them will try and sell it as a 2" lift, it is not the case with IFS im sorry. i got about 35mm lift in the front and about 45mm in the rear. it was definitely noticeable but dont go in expecting a full 2" lift

$1400? how long ago was that mate. arb quoted me $2300 fitted..

$1400? how long ago was that mate. arb quoted me $2300 fitted..

geez, sounds like they are trying to take you for a ride there. i got in fitted about 14 months ago. but i didnt change the torsion bars for now, maybe your price includes new after market torsion bars

G'Day Matty! Yep, same experience for me exactly mate! I did the the OME upgrade in 05 + went for 31" Bridgey DDueller 604 Rubber. I then went on the Adventure 4WD advanced driving course in the southern flinders ranges.

The improvements amazed me, but Dave Wilson from A4WD also couldn't believe how well my truck was handling everything. And as per your experience, the lift was similar! My only point of question is that the springs seem incredibly flat... almost inverted, as they did from the day they were fitted. I'm just curious if that's a Leaf spring over Axle characteristic?

G'Day Matty! Yep, same experience for me exactly mate! I did the the OME upgrade in 05 + went for 31" Bridgey DDueller 604 Rubber. I then went on the Adventure 4WD advanced driving course in the southern flinders ranges.

The improvements amazed me, but Dave Wilson from A4WD also couldn't believe how well my truck was handling everything. And as per your experience, the lift was similar! My only point of question is that the springs seem incredibly flat... almost inverted, as they did from the day they were fitted. I'm just curious if that's a Leaf spring over Axle characteristic?

mate my springs were pretty flat from day one also, like you said i think its just the leaf over axle thing. i thought something was wrong after i got the kit fitted cos i never really paid attention to the suspension setup before hand, but it does the job and i reckon it flex's pretty well, good enough for what i do anyway

After the installation of the Rancho shockers, and one extra leaf in the rear, it definately makes a difference to the softness of the drive. It does how ever seem to rock the front of the car as though it is a little soft in the front end. Other than that I have no complaints so far.
Much better overall ride.

Latest posts

Back