suspension upgrade time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinkme

Reaction score
Well this is one of the last items on my D22 to be replaced, I am doing this as I am not sure when it was done (done by the previous owner) and it does not feel the way it should when off road (plus isn't what you would call a lift kit.)

So the main question what is everyone using or would recommend for a lift kit, I would like either 2" or even a 3" lift. I have been looking at Iron man lift lift kits however I don't mind the look of the snake racing (however I can not find any feed back on this kit)

Cheers guys

Ring Zordo mate. Best option will be provided by him. If you want more then 3" I would suggest a 2" sus and 2" body.

Rusty

Cheers Mate I am looking at the site now as it is t the first time I have heard of them... do they do fitting as well?

He most certainly does mate. Is a wealth of knowledge and will talk you through each step if the fitting and why he is doing it and benefits etc. Great bloke for a chat aswell. Would recommend giving him a call.

I got my 2inch lift from OL in jandakot. I went with the tough dog kit. Leaves, torsion bars shackles, foam cell shocks the whole lot for $1600. Very happy with the kit. Firmer on road and more bumpy but much improved especially off road.
Just got some 265/75/r16 Mickey Thompson atz p3's. Cant wait to use em

Hello all,

Im looking at upgrading the stock suspension on my D22 and have been looking at the 2" lift from EFS. Im based in Melb and my local mechanic is a EFS dealer, so im wondering what the general consensuses is on the quality/performance on the EFS kits.

Cheers
Tim

Word of advice if you plan to do it your self... buy a propane tallboy if you dont have an oxy kit, you will need to it to melt the front bushings out of the rear springs.

Hello all,

Im looking at upgrading the stock suspension on my D22 and have been looking at the 2" lift from EFS. Im based in Melb and my local mechanic is a EFS dealer, so im wondering what the general consensuses is on the quality/performance on the EFS kits.

Cheers
Tim

EFS are OK. It does the job well for the price and lasts the distance - but it won't set the world on fire in regards to performance.
I run efs and am happy - but if I do the job again I'll be getting in touch with Zordo (member here) for some advice.

Word of advice if you plan to do it your self... buy a propane tallboy if you dont have an oxy kit, you will need to it to melt the front bushings out of the rear springs.

u dont actually need an oxy but it is a bastard so oxy might make things easier.

I too want to upgrade my suspension, but only the shocks to make the ride smoother, any ideas on a brand that are good value.

blue max or blupac are good value.
there may be better quality... but i've not used other brands so i can't say.

i think any brand will make a nice difference.

new leaf springs seemed to make a big difference to me.
original torsion bars are fine i think, unless you have a lot of added weight in the front.

Latest posts

Back