stereo problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Web stuff for the farm. Got a bit of a back log of stuff from earlier this week but the farm stuff has been waiting the longest so I'm doing that.

Rather you then me mate.

I only like using computers, did a bit of programming at school and wouldn't wanna do that shit again.

Atleast I don't get a wet and cold arse when it's pissing down during working hours like I used to delivering bread.

My wireless is broken <------ keeping on track :sarcastic:

Speaking of wireless.

You on ADSL or wireless out there ?

Heading down there in June for a rip with Scotty and Woody. Come for a few drinks mate.

Sorry I don't drink :eviltongue:

We've got both out here (even got ADSL2 in some places) but no idea how good wireless is I avoid setting it up wherever I can because I just don't need the hassles.

I find it quite funny actually.

As soon as I mention I work with Telstra, people are always like "Bloody Telstra"

I have seen first hand of the exchanges that have other carriers besides Telstra, The Maitland Node is the only one all the way through to Murrurundi which I think is the last exchange heading North thats off Maitland, Ill check that out the next time I am at the Node.

From memory there is only 1 exchange (With other carriers) in a 11,000 square km's.

Newcastle has other Carriers but besides that, there is really nothing for the rural areas.

We really aren't that rural, we've got most service providers and mobile reception down here has picked up so much in the last 5 years nearly all the providers get some signal but we still lack in ADSL2. Our exchanges are too far apart and have too few people on them to warrant Telstra providing ADSL2, Optus are trying to do some but they are finding the same problems. The CBD of the larger towns is fine for ADSL2 but because of the degradation over distance it doesn't take long to make the signal speeds of ADSL or less and in a town of 20,000 odd people there just isn't enough subscribers to one company to force that company to go beyond the main exchange so they focus on larger populated areas to keep up their 97% of the population sales pitch.

Every exchange in this Area is capable of ADSL 2 except for the really small RIM's.

fair chance if you have ADSL 1 out there its probably on a AM31 system with the right cards is capable of ADSL 2.

Its mostly all ISAM's up here as Telstra spent big a few years back.

Its usually only major cities that have other ISP's equipment.

So whoever you go through in the country towns and even a town the size of Singleton is still only serviced by Telstra.

Singleton would have maybe 30,000 people.

Maitland has about 70,000-80,000 people now and only 1 exchange has TPG gear, AAPT and just recently Chime.

There are 4 exchanges in Maitland.

I'm over a km from the exchange I don't like my chances of getting ADSL2 even if they do decide to offer it up. A mate of mine got ADSL2 off the main town exchange when they first started advertising and he's 1.4ks from the exchange and he was getting slower speeds than my ADSL1 so I'm in no rush for ADSL2. I'm also not a Telstra customer (and neither is my ISP) so I won't be getting anything unless Optus pony up and spend some cash.

Yeah well I'm not a fan of either Telstra or Optus it just happens to be the only ISP I haven't had any major issues with over the last 16 years is an Optus reseller so I stick with them. I've come full circle, back in my dial up days I used to help maintain the local exchange, I've moved all around the place and had heaps of ISP's and now I've come right back where I started and since I don't need ADSL2 at this stage until this mob do something to piss me off I'll keep paying them.

Hey mate.

Finally got my antenna back on over the weekend.

On my D22 the constant is purple.

Probably to late now.

You finally got yours on and I nearly ripped mine off on a low hanging tree taking a short cut through the bush yesterday

UHF, nearly took the passenger mirror off at the same time, the track wasn't as wide as I remember it and in one of the mud puddle areas one of those bushy trees was leaning further than it used to. Still no major drama, paint hardly even got marked but the UHF stick nearly touch the windscreen.

Been down some bush tracks with a few mates that were pretty much good for motor bikes.

Was waiting for something to get broken, but luckly nothing did.

Yeah we need to clear some tracks between the farms soon, since taking over another 175 acres a few months back we've been able to join several farms with tracks but half of them are over grown. I don't care about bush pin striping, or broken bits but leaving obstacles we know are there which might cause them is kind of pointless.

If I get a chance this week I'm going to order my roof console so that I'm ready to rewire the cab when I rewire the second battery set up. Adding a few toys and stuff but mainly moving things around however I really have to get in the dash and see if I can't find the 4th mounting screw for the head unit while the thing is in bits too.

Latest posts

Back