Speakers working intermittently

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binga30

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

2006 D22 Navara with no sound coming through radio/CD to ANY of the built-in speakers (2 front, 2 rear).
They do all work somehow when it's a hot day 25+, but other than that nothing.
Radio function works fine, can seek stations etc... as does inserting a CD.

I've read a few of the threads here and it seems there could be a few reasons, I am a real newbie when it comes to this stuff.

I checked the fuses and all look fine, no other electrical issues that I am aware of.
I replaced the original radio with a new head unit and same issue, no sound to any speaker.

I'm thinking it is probably a loose wire or solder somewhere but have no idea where to start troubleshooting.

Thanks

If the door speakers have two wires running to them, it's not a door-earthing problem. Some D40s have had dash unit earthing issues with some drawing earth through the antenna and others drawing it through the instrument cluster.

Just in case yours has an earth problem, semi-permanently fix a wire from the stereo chassis to one of the dash mounting bolts and see if that gets rid of the problem.

If that works, consider removing your antenna and clean up any corrosion you discover.

Latest posts

Back