Steering wheel stereo controls

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah that's a point. Guess I was too busy watching Bathurst to be thinking about what was said.

I purchased a complete steering wheel from a wrecker on the gold coast for $130 delivered had to strip the controlls from it and fitt to mine as it wasnt the correct colour.pretty cheap i thought..couldnt find one under $200 + delivery anywhere else.

ForumRunner_20121008_081205.jpg

Now the link needs approval.

They are the same items that were on ebay. No idea whether the aussie price has changed but they weren't that cheap although they might had had free postage.

Edit: I do love courtesy parts automatic postage calculator. $200 postage is brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camo, how long did it take to do the mod/install controls,also nice looking head unit u have in the pic, what brand is it.

There used to be an aussie supplier than had them for less than $300. Back when I used to think it was a worthwhile mod I checked regularly and it came up every few months, not always under Navara and the lowest I saw it for was $225.

Camo, how long did it take to do the mod/install controls,also nice looking head unit u have in the pic, what brand is it.

It took a good few hrs but i busted the plug on the back of the airbag when removing the horn/bag.had to fix that...ps be very carefull as that thing is spring loaded.mine you need two screwdrivers either side in the steer wheel and pull the bag at the same...3 hands needed.i cheated and the bag hit the deck and ripped the plug....so with good instructions and some extra parts...say 2-3hrs.there is a good writeup somwhere...i will find it later.extra parts i can list too.
Sterio is a windows car pc i built.i have it running windows 8 and centrafuse 4.2 its a labor of love.....

i had a quick look under the steering wheel today at the wires and it seems that i have got 8 wires going into the connector next to the airbag, is this the norm?

also been told that part number 25550-ZS50C is the illuminated audio/cruise controls

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 154
ive got a nov 2007 built STX.
i did a bit of wire tracing from the connector and found:

red- constant 12v
blue- ?
white- audio connector
pink- audio connector
yellow- interior light dimming
brown- horn
black- earth
light blue - positive for cruise.

also ordered and received the illuminated steering controls. they were $140 delivered from courtesy nissan in USA. Part no 25550-ZS50C.

Attachments

• IMAG0340.jpg
    IMAG0340.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 147
Hi blokes - first post for me, sorry it's a question straight off the bat! This thread is on the course I want so decided against making a new one.

I just bought a used wheel off a 2011 ST-X to replace mine which is a 2007 ST-X. The plan is to end up with a newer wheel that has no peeling paint and has audio controls.

In looking through lots of pics on here and elsewhere, I can see that they method of attachment (springs/clips) seems to be different between my wheel (one big spring) and the newer one which has three clips.

My questions are, will the newer wheel still attach to my column given the different clip? Will the audio controls work with little more than a plug in?

I'll end up taking it off anyway I suppose, I'd just like to be prepared if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

what springs are you referring to, also what sort of stereo head unit do you have, i have a 2007 built STX and i can tell you the 6 disc head unit doesn't have the ability to use steering wheel audio controls.

here is my stereo, and the wire setout on the board.

Attachments

• IMAG0398.jpg
    IMAG0398.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMAG0394.jpg
    IMAG0394.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 102
The springs I mentioned are the retainers that keep the airbag attached. I haven't had mine off yet but from googling I can see that it has one retainer/clip that runs around the outside of the air bag whilst the wheel off the 2011 has three unique retainer clips to keep the airbag attached.

Link below to the stereo I have:
19714d1227402228-radio-installation-broken-dash-tray-d40-navara-s2-dash.jpg

Ahh, thanks mate. Mine is the same - can see the issue. Might hang on to the wheel until I upgrade the factory stereo too.

The springs I mentioned are the retaining clips that keep the airbag attached. On mine, tehre is one big retaining clip whilst on the 2011 wheel, there are three smaller ones. Two at the top, one at the bottom.

i installed the illuminated controls, and they look great.
my airbag had 3 springs under it and i was very easy to remove, just pushed up the wire under the wheel and it unclipped.

Attachments

• IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0363.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG0402.jpg
    IMAG0402.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 161

Latest posts

Back