Solar question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennm

Reaction score
I was going to buy one of these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Solar-Pa...e-/261430649476?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123
and set it up on the shed. Basically I want to setup the shed for 12 volt and be able to run all the things you normally would when going camping. In this way I get to test setups before going camping and save a bit on electricity for lighting, security, fridge etc. in the shed. Already have a 165Ah agm battery for the setup. Can anyone recommend a suitable regulator for the solar panel. I may decide to add an additional panel later so maybe a 30amp one is the way to go? Should I just get a ctek 250s and plug the panel straight into it? or do I still need a regulator?
Thanks

The D250S has a regulator built in and will treat the battery far, far better than a normal regulator. That panel can deliver just over 11A, a pair of those will provide more power than the D250S will make use of (20A max charge current) so that's a good way to go.

I have a Ctec 250s in my camper and car. I found the solar panels weren't charging the batteries properly. I disconnected the regulator on the solar panel and it works a lot better. Apparently the two regulators work against each other.

All great feedback thanks. Already have a 250s in the car and will probably end up with a second one for the 3rd battery.

I have a Ctec 250s in my camper and car. I found the solar panels weren't charging the batteries properly. I disconnected the regulator on the solar panel and it works a lot better. Apparently the two regulators work against each other.

Correct. Should not go through the two. Panels straight to CTEk

Latest posts

Back