Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drill a small pilot hole in the center of where you want your 91mm hole first, it will make staring off heaps easier. If you can get someone to spray inox or something similar on there while you drill it will help, did a mates one a while ago and he had a cheap hole saw, it got pretty hot.

yeah thats all we used, i think the cheap hole saw just got blunt and it burnt the paint a little, not that you can notice it with the snorkel on there. Dont forget to paint inside any holes you drill to avoid rust as well.

Yep, that's the problem with the cheapies. If they don't end up melting all the teeth off first :/

Piece o cake to do . Me and my two boys spent the arvo doing one and had no probs . I was probly (is that really a word ? ) a bit over cautious with measuring the template but we took our time with holes and painting over stuff and it was easy . Safari snorkel . I found it was a good thing to do with my boys ( aged 13 ) yes twins , as we do a lot of things together even more so when it comes to working on the nav . :fight::five:

I did mine with one of those nibblers. U know, attach to the drill after making a pilot hole and follow the outline u need to do then just cleaned up with a bastard file and rust kill before putting the rubber surround on. Did the same for the Mrs car too.

once you drill the pilot hole its good to score the paint by running it in reverse.

If you buy a safari snorkel say , all the steps are included in the box

Latest posts

Back