Snake Racing Strut Spacers, Extended Shackles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDY90

Reaction score
Hey guys looking at getting the snake racing strut spacer and extended shackles, just wanting to see wat sort of experiences people have had with them. I very rarely do much offroad driving, more wanting it for appearance as it looks stupidly low standard. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Cody

It might look stupidly illegal with extended shackles too, can't say I've kept up with all the talk about shackles but do an advanced search for "snake racing" and you'll find quite a bit of info, and maybe some pictures relating to extended shackles.

There are more to take into consideration than just the lift. Lifting the front will change your steering geometry and without camber adjustment you may start chewing tyres.

Depending on which state your in extended shackles my be Illegal.
Lift blocks are legal.

my struts collapts, worse kind of lift. never again.

just spend a little more for quality, also with the spacers, the mounting bolts come loose
every time you go offroad or when the suspention is constantly being used.

i dont recommend.

cheap product.

extended shackles are good, but you still keep the flat
leaf spring, im using shackles at the moment from snake R.ing
havnt had any problems

every time you go offroad or when the suspention is constantly being used.

cheap product.

Really!!! I've had Snake Racing spacers in my D40 for 2 years and done one of the longest and most corrugated runs in Australia (ie from Marble Bar to Alice Springs across the Telfer Mine Rd, Wapet Track, Kidson Track, Gary Highway, Gunbarrel Highway, Heather Highway and GCR) and there was certainly no movement in my suspension bolts.....had them all retorqued just to be on the safe side in Alice Springs and the 4x4 guy there told me they were tight as a drum.

Attachments

• IMG_3903.jpg
    IMG_3903.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3904.jpg
    IMG_3904.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 176
I've had Snake Racing spacers in my D40 for 2 years and done one of the longest and most corrugated runs in Australia (ie from Marble Bar to Alice Springs across the Telfer Mine Rd, Wapet Track, Kidson Track, Gary Highway, Gunbarrel Highway, Heather Highway and GCR) and there was certainly no movement in my suspension bolts.....had them all retorqued just to be on the safe side in Alice Springs and the 4x4 guy there told me they were tight as a drum.

Well we all know that can't be true, a D40 would never do all that, you'd need a big tough D22 to drive those tracks :sarcastic:

Don't know what to do, was pretty keen on getting them but alot of people seem to be having problems with them and dont know whether to take the risk or not.
Pete22...did you have any trouble getting a wheel allignment after fitting spacers ??

Last edited:
id stay away from ome. speak to aido for some horror stories if you like and other people have had problems aswell. iv got ironman 2" susp lift and seems to be fine.

Don't know what to do, was pretty keen on getting them but alot of people seem to be having problems with them and dont know whether to take the risk or not.
Pete22...did you have any trouble getting a wheel allignment after fitting spacers ??

No problems with the wheel alignment at all......for interest sake I'm still running the original BFG AT tyres that I had fitted before I picked the vehicle up new. Had the suspension upgraded with around 200km on the clock (ie including the spacers) - now have 56000km on the car and my BFGs are still running true and have 8.5mm of tread depth remaining (ie about half worn). I rotate the tyres (5 wheels) every 10000km and have them balanced at the same time. I've had one other alignment (ie two all together)since the suspension was done and there was minimal adjustment requirement. So, no complaints from me.

hey i do know ryan from snake racing and he stands by his product very well. I am considering some of his product for my own vehicle. (giving NSW laws)

The allignment will come down to the truck itself. Some have camber adjustment others dont.Some came from the factory with decent camber mine was shocking .
Easiest way is to jack the front of the truck up 2 inches and have a look at the camber angle .If the front end looks like this \ / then you may need to sort out some camber adjustment.Id it looks more like l l then you may be ok.

yeah the only problem with strut spacers is it smacks when u have full droop on the UCA which is really annoying unless you make your own bump stops up or get a set from PRG. The nuts haven't come loose on mine but i used Loctite on all my nuts like the instructions asked.

Last edited:
Ive got a 2" lift, + 35mm front SNAKE RACING spacers. Snake racing give retty poor customer service, supposed meet up 3 times as i loive round the corner, he never showed, got the posted 3 blocks away !

Anyways Ive taken my ute dow corugations that my ropf cage and hardlied have rattled free, no drama from spacers, with 33's.

Pretty sure spaces are illegal in NSW though.

Latest posts

Back