Side steps loose

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a 07 Navara, so I joined the forum.
Have a couple of things Im wanting to get fixed up, the side step is loose.

The previous owner said tightening the nut doesnt appear to fix it, so for the factory side steps, it it bolted to the floor via a welded bolt? Any way to fix it if the weld has broken? (ie can I get at it through the inside floor or some other means?

Thanks

Im pretty sure there are 6 bolts that hold the step on so one stuffed one sould not matter.
Just rip them off and get yourself some sliders....

d40 or d22 ??
d22 have bolts and plates with captive nuts
lift carpet where loose bolt is and have a look

The D40 has 6 threaded studs on the body itself .As to getting to the back of them I think not.
It could however be the nuts that hold the step tubes to the bracket.You can get to those by pulling out the end caps of the tube .

Thanks to everyone who replied.
It looks as though it was a combination of some loose nuts on the bracket and also a bolt was missing out of the bottom of the steps.

Put a bolt in there and it seems to have improved it as best as they can be. Looks to have taken a few knocks in the past.

I'll keep my eyes out on some decent aftermarket side steps for it.

Thanks to everyone who replied.
It looks as though it was a combination of some loose nuts on the bracket and also a bolt was missing out of the bottom of the steps.

Put a bolt in there and it seems to have improved it as best as they can be. Looks to have taken a few knocks in the past.

I'll keep my eyes out on some decent aftermarket side steps for it.

I can help you with decent side steps mate. Check out the sliders and bars thread

Latest posts

Back