Side rails/Brush bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido

Reaction score
I've always called them side rails (with side steps), but I have seen them called brush bars.
Anyway...I can't find any info out there on them for the D22.

Do any of the bullbar manufacturer's make them to suit their model bullbars or is it something custom made? I've seen alloy side rails/steps on a tricked up single cab with the standard nissan alloy bar and it looked stunning.

What do ya's think? Custom made or somewhere off the shelf? Too hard to incorporate the standard ST-R side steps?

Guido

I see on ARBs site they make them, probably to fit there front bar I guess but they look good and a re a full side rail/side step too.

Might look at getting some aluminium rails made up, like the one I saw. A couple of lengths would be less than $100, a few bends, pipe clamps, bolts, checker plate offcuts...should do it for less than $200 I reckon (inlaw is a boilermaker!). I would imagine ARB and the likes would want a limb for their version.

Yea your dead rite, If you got the tools and knowhow way cheaper to do it yourself, personally Id go for steel, alot stronger.Being a panelbeater Ive seen alot of alloy bars/side rails do more damage to panels than what the tree/bush/rock would have done.

Theres no point of having brush bars or side steps made out of alloy, dont waste your time or money on doing that unless your doing it purely for looks. The arb steps and brush bars arn't that expensive i had mine powder coated to my colour and fitted for a bit over $1000. Was a while ago and probably cos they seen me regularly.

Was actually in my local ARB store the other day enquiring on the Side Rails/Steps, they dont fit the standrard Nissan/ARB bar only the genuine ARB bars, they didnt recommend getting custom ones made and clamped onto Nissan bar becuase it would void your warranty due to the front bar then not being air bag safe? So without changing over my front bar and/or getting custom ones made up then voiding warranty I have to go without........ More thoughts?

Yes good point about steel as opposed to aluminium. However with an alloy bar that isn't going to be replaced anytime soon, I guess it would only serve the purpose of deflecting branches, and not holding my ute up hard against washout faces or trees...i'm not that hardcore. Who am I kidding...it's mostly about looks then!

For the discussion, how would steel side rails go with an alloy bull bar? Obviously the weakest link is the bar. Then they would have to get a powdercoat finish to look good. Then would it match the alloy bar? One thing would lead to another.

Latest posts

Back