Shipping from the U.S, need help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLID D22

Reaction score
I might have located a diff for my car in the states, problem is the guy wants me to do all the postage stuff from here. Has anyone had to organise their own freight from the states for something, if so could you let me know or at least lead me in a direction of who is trustworthy.

Cheers

I imported a snowboard from the states and it came via fed ex,alot smaller than a diff i know(unless you mean just the centre)but it could be a start. DHL could be a go as well.

Last edited:
My Girlfriends parents live in Alberquerque and moved a lot of stuff around when they moved over there, i'll ask her when she gets back.
I do know that the startes are exceptionally backword in the way they do things (taking cheques only for example), think fed ex is the company they would most trust.
Also, try and find info from the state you're buying from, theyall operate independantly like self contained countries!
I'm trying to buy a thermal imaging camera and some electrical test gear over there (heap cheaper) and its not too easy but thats a different story.

I own a business that imports from Mexico and China. A diff will need to be shipped "LCL" (Less than Container Load) because of its size and weight. Air freight will be amazingly expensive. You will also need a freight forwarder to arrange the export from the US and the import into Australia. Shipping is around 5 - 6 weeks US - Australia.

I can put you in touch with my freight fowarding agent if you wish. Just PM me. :)

Cheers guys, first things first because iv been talking only through e mail to the guy i want to actually talk to him over the phone to make sure its 100% what i need and that he will co operate in any minor handling for me for the shipping.
I dont want to spend all this money only to have the wrong type of diff delivered.

I might have located a diff for my car in the states, problem is the guy wants me to do all the postage stuff from here. Has anyone had to organise their own freight from the states for something, if so could you let me know or at least lead me in a direction of who is trustworthy.

Cheers

Hi Mate,
I work for IBM and we ship parts all over the world using UPS for urgent deliveries and DHL for standard ones
The reality is that is some cases, they'll simply outsource the job if they can't do it themselves. You feel safe with any courier mob who offers consignment tracking via the web. You can pretty much see where your package for the whole journey. In my experience, most packages from the US make a stop at Honolulu on the way to Australia before sitting in some customs warehouse in Sydney for how ever long they deem it necessary.
Anyway, good luck with it all!!

Latest posts

Back