SCV Symptoms...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black_Outlaw

Reaction score
Peoples... Searched and searched but could not find a thread i :think: i read somewhile back. So I'll ask..

2008 D40... When cold, and at idle, I can hear the idle surge ever so slightly.. More noticable if you pop the bonnet and listen to it..

Is this SCV related? or something else?

After further googling, it appears this is classic SCV symptoms..

Can anyone advise on the right SCV for a Spain built vehicle? I am reading that the pump needs to be mated to the right SCV....

Last edited:
Mine would surge a little at idle. Whacked a bottle of Liqui Moly Diesel Injector cleaner through it and the problem went away.

SCV usually presents itself when travelling at about 80km/h and you hit the throttle ... the car goes into 'limp' mode (with no CEL) until you turn the ignition off and on again.

The most common issue with the SCV is that it's dirty. Remove yours, clean it in petrol (rinse it in diesel once it is clean) then reinstall. That's the usual fix for the SCV - Nissan replace it because that's textbook, but several members here found it was just dirty.

I may have been lucky. Liqui Moly injector cleaner doesn't just clean the injectors, it cleans all of the fuel system, and it may have removed any muck that was causing an issue in my SCV, if that's what was causing the surging idle in my car.

Mines been removed and cleaned :( The other 'fix' is the remove SCV and rotate it 180 degrees. That's also seems to have fixed issues. Given my car has 220,000 on it I was of the opinion that it could be up for replacement.

Must be an 08 Outlaw thing ... mine's just started doing the same thing.

How hard was it to remove the SCV and clean?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424723539.957723.jpg

Number 5 Allan key on a socket taped so it can't fall out.

With this, not too bad. I used a ladder to lay on top and get a birds eye view.

http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=25685

Where are you located?

Mine was fine at speed but would randomly stall on start up and run really ruff once on the move it was fine i changed the SCV and it has been fine ever since

I did mine from the top... 10 minutes from removal to replacement...

Get yourself a 5mm hex driver for your socket.. slide that in, undo both, remove, replace new, do up..

I also undid my dipstick retainer both so I could move that and also put my power steering reservoir out of the way..

Latest posts

Back