SCV disaster

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allover

Reaction score
Yesterday tried for 4 hours to remove the SCV from a year 2008 Navara D40, i assume a thai model. Have read all the posts and watched youtube vids etc. Have removed the out side bolt, BUT the inside bolt is just impossible to remove, although i have cracked it
My question is that there are 3# rubber pipes at the rear of the diesel pump (plus one metal pipe), can these be safely removed to give me hand access, replaced and primed
Just worried i am going to stuff it up
The reason for removal is the vehicle will not run, pretty sure it is the valve and i need the part number of the SCV so as i can replace it
It is so tight that i have dropped 2 torx heads and 5mm socket inside the bay

I couldn't remove mine thanks to Uncle Arthur preventing me from turning a spanner, so I can vouch for how difficult it is. I had to take it to a mechanic and let them do it.

If you remove the hoses from the filter and replace them exactly as they were before, all you need to do is prime the fuel system by squeezing the primer bulb until the bulb is firm (that's how you know the system is full of fuel).

How are you trying to gain access to it? I had difficulty from under the bonnet so I removed the wheel and popped out the plastic inner guard. This gave me far better access and purchase on the bolts. Good luck with it.

How are you trying to gain access to it? I had difficulty from under the bonnet so I removed the wheel and popped out the plastic inner guard. This gave me far better access and purchase on the bolts. Good luck with it.

Yes that makes it easier along with unbolting the dipstick tube bracket.

When putting the new SCV back in, try using extended head bolts like I did for the turbo oil line flange inside bolt. It made assembly so much easier. I plan to make a couple for my SCV very soon.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, did eventually remove all the rubber hoses which gave me a straight line to the head of the inside bolt and was able to remove it.
I like the idea of an extended bolt and will be definitely be doing that for the inside bolt

Thanks guys, did eventually remove all the rubber hoses which gave me a straight line to the head of the inside bolt and was able to remove it.
I like the idea of an extended bolt and will be definitely be doing that for the inside bolt
Hi, Just wondering if the 2008 (Thai) had a "short" SCV or a "long" one? Any chance you've got a part number?
Cheers

Latest posts

Back